Check Sfc /Scannow on Windows 10 Enterprise. Scan OK. How to save Source ?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Alberto_C, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Alberto_C

Alberto_C MDL Junior Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Hi !

I have repaired my system files damages of Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 a few days ago. I make that with DISM command and, at some point in the proceedings, it was impossible to find online source (Cmd command (admin) = Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth)

I fix it with the genuine Iso (build 10240), a virtual disk and ... above all the help of a member of this amazing Forum !

Now, when I check with Sfc /scannow the scan is OK !

Do someone think that's possible to save healthy source in case of further problem ?

Do someone know how to make that ?

I says that because of update on build 10586 I think source change, and It's really annoying to have every time the correct version of Iso necessary to repair the system files with a local source ...

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Windows makes a backup files itself. You may do it also, but you do not really ever need it.
    The wiser is to do a clean installation, if Windows is so bad, that sfc and Dism cannot repair.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    sfc repairs will re-appear after saving your windows, when reinstalled the error will be there. At the moment only 10 x64 win versions have 2 errors with syswow64, sfc repairs it during scan.

Saving the windows install (if you want to try it):
    Enter audit mode, sysprep windows, boot from winpe source and capture the installed window.

Or make a system backup.

4. Alberto_C

Oct 21, 2015
    Hi kaljukas !

I agree.
    Easiest is what you say. no doubt !
    But ... There is no way to do what I ask ?

5. Alberto_C

Oct 21, 2015
    Hi Enthousiast !
    Thank you very much