Check your eopen account!

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Myrrh, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    If you have a Microsoft Licensing account be sure to check it!

I have a customer who originally bought a server 2003 with software assurance and so they had server 2008 KMS and MAK keys available. Well today, I look and although their assurance expired recently, they have 2008R2 MAK available, good for 50 activations!

Very strange, the 2008R2 software download isn't there, the key probably will disappear eventually because they should not have been eligible in the first place, so I grabbed it just in case. No KMS key unfortunately.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bcl

bcl MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2009
    The keys will remain in the account forever. but u wont able to download and get more keys

3. The_Dude

The_Dude MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    None here, would have been too nice :(

In the unlikely case you'd be willing to share it... ;)
    I only need one activation anyway, make an acronis image and that's that.

4. tommy_vercetti

tommy_vercetti MDL Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Are you sure after one activation, then in a corp enviorment you'd want to sysprep it and then won't it call back home, since the hardware is changed?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. The_Dude

The_Dude MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    No mate, it's merely for private home use, no harware changes that would necessitate another activation.
    It's just what I do with any OS, get it set up properly, make an image. That way, should anything go wrong, i have it back online within 10mins, hassle-free :)