Chrome and Firefox

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Plugoo, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Plugoo

Plugoo MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2009
    #1 Plugoo, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
    It came to my attention that if you’re using explorer than in Google page Chrome advertisement appears. But if you’re using Firefox, no advertisement. Is Google supporting Firefox and open source? If so, why have they developed Google Chrome?

2. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Seems like they're trying to get some IE users to change to Chrome. It tried Chrome....it's ok, but personally I wouldn't use it. Too much spying blabla around Google ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zort

zort MDL Expert

Feb 19, 2008
    I like Firefox because of the extensions available for it, the best one being Adblock Plus. By the way there is a "Chromifox" theme to make Firefox look like Chrome.

4. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    i love chrome. i use it almost all the time now. even with ff 3.5 i still find it to be much faster and there are really only a few pages that it still has issues with.. the newest dev builds are fantastic. i never really used many extensions so for me chrome is great. there are also ways to eliminate the chrome user info WITHOUT using unchrome... you can eliminate the info sent back entirely if you want to..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. darrenalex

darrenalex MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2009
    Hi Plugoo....

Both are nice Browser, no problem in both of them. And you are talking about advertisement which came dynamically from the server....

6. gotjunk

gotjunk MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2009
    #6 gotjunk, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
    Chrome and Firefox remeber Opera

I like Chrome for YouTube FireFox for 2 of my email. I use IE for work (the only way to log in at work) and some Forum. Does anyone remember Opera. I used that one a lot in the pass back with Netscape.

7. desozapeaterr

desozapeaterr MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2009
    In my opinion, firefox is the best web browser. It is very user friendly. This web browser is faster, more secure, and fully customizable to online life. Firefox includes tabbed browsing, a spell checker, incremental find, live bookmarking, a download manager, and a search system that uses Google. Firefox runs on various versions of Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and many other Unix-like operating systems.

8. wumodi

wumodi MDL Novice

Oct 31, 2009
    i have used both firefox and chrome.
    firefox so many update
    chrome hard to uninstall
    i am fixed by ie

9. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Firefox all the way. Addons for anything u desire. Adblock plus and noscript being the important ones. All-glass to make it transparent, you name it. It's fast, gets updated on a regular basis, and quite secure when using the right addons.

IE has become nothing more than a rippof of FF imho, and suffers more adds than FF, which also slows it down a bit.

Chrome, I tried that just out of curiosity, and it works quite well actually, but as ancestor said, too many bad rumors about google, and I just don't wanna take part in that. Gmail is out of the question too for the same reason.
    My mails ??? no friggin way...

10. Vasiliy-Pupkin

Vasiliy-Pupkin MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2009
    i have used both firefox and chrome.
    but firefox much more :)

11. aniya

aniya MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2009
    I use firefox coz it is faster then other. I have no problem to using firefox.

Thanks

12. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Tried them all but i will stick with firefox. Very grood browser. Love adblock ! :D

13. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
    I use firefox as well. Waiting for the 64 bit version. Love the private browsing feature.

14. Pooh the Pirate

Pooh the Pirate MDL Junior Member

Sep 30, 2009
  15. delpawell

delpawell MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2010
    Yes that would be one of the reason's that the Chrome advertisements do not appear on Firefox. Talking about the browser I like it's definitely got to be Firefox. Chrome is good but it is not as good as the Firefox. Chrome works better in the sites with Google's hands but Firefox works better in all the sites.

16. Binary

Binary MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2010
    I say:

IE > Junk but u must use it @ offices
    Firefox > Rules all the way
    Chrome > Google had nothing to do, so they made "Chrome"
    Opera > Perfect @ old times... Firefox 2 and higher beat it
    Netscape > Just Junk

17. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    I think we have an obvious (and logical) winner here.
    The reputation of the little beast is apparent.

18. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Tou chez........( i think its spelt like that ?) :D:D;)

19. Pooh the Pirate

Pooh the Pirate MDL Junior Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Umm I disagree and untouché the touché. I prefer Chrome, 100% acid3 and very good on all pages except Google's pages :rolleyes: . I hate Firefox everytime I used it, it would be running up 100% processor usage till I got fed up and dumped it. This was over a year ago, got Chrome 1.0 and never looked back, now using 4.

20. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2009
    I'm using Firefox Portable with 22 extensions and it's as fast as Chrome. For those who want to try the portable version, look here.