Clarification of Bios Whitelist Mods

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Lauriz, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Lauriz

Lauriz MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    Owner of Hp mini 110-1030nr and 110-1119nr they use the same bios F.19

In reading and browsing through the various threads I downloaded a modded bios from the Remove whitelist check / add ID's to break hardware restrictions mod requests Thread on page 83.

Now, before flashing. My question is: With the Whitelist removed is it possible to use any Wlan card? Providing it can physically be inserted in the mini PCI-e slot? This question came up because I also own a Lenovo X100e and if it is possible I would just purchase three of the same cards and not worry about whether they are coded for IBM , HP , Dell or Lenovo as various vendors list them as not being compatible.

Is it just the bios whitelisting or is trully that the chipset of the wlan card that is not compatible? My take was that the mini pci-e express slot shared a similarity to the micro usb port in that is was designed for worldwide standardization. Am I correct in my assumption?

In the case of the 110-1030nr it uses half size card.

In the case of the 110-1119nr it uses the longer card but the existing antenna wires will reach even with an adapter.

Physical aspects aside, My concern is: Will I be able to sucessfully install a non generic wlan card from another manufacturer to another?

Say for example one that is intended for a Dell? One that comes to mind is the half size Intel 5300 D/P KW374.

Can any one please tell me if this card would work on all three netbooks asumming that they are all flashed with their respective bios with whiteList removed? :eek:

Thank you to all,

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    should work but on a rare occasion special intel MIFI compatible ones dont work and need some pins covered with tape.