Clean install question

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Smart86, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Smart86

Smart86 Guest

Hi... I'm trying to help a friend with his system . If a person does a clean install of windows 10 afterwards can that person downgrade the system back to lets say windows 8 or 7 ? I'm thinking to downgrade you must have a OS to be able to downgrade to, yes ? If one does a clean install of W 10 there no other OS install but 10, yes ? So there no way to downgrade, is this correct ? Thanks

2. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    You can downgrade Windows 10 to 8.1 / 7 within 1 month.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Smart86

Smart86 Guest

How ? If you do a clean install of windows 10 . Isn't a clean installation mean only having that OS installed ?

4. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    Sorry, my bad. If you upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, then you may downgrade. Other wise, you'll end up with Windows 10. If you want other version of Windows, you have to do clean install.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
  6. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    You are right there will be no Windows Old if you do a clean install.

If you don't want to take a chance to lose the operating system you have now, Then create a new partition on the drive and install Win10 on that. You will end up with both operating systems and dual boot.

OR

Take an image of the current system then clean install Wind10 over it. If you don't like windows 10 then use the image and reinstall the old systm.