Clean install Samsung Series 7 Win 10 won't boot? Help needed.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by donalgodon, Aug 4, 2015.

1. donalgodon

donalgodon MDL Member

Jul 21, 2010
    I did a clean install by formatting the internal SSD and installed via a USB I created using the MS Media tool

The Bios is set to defaults, but won't boot. Booted fine with 8.1 before.

I can only get to the Bios (latest).

Any suggestions?

Samdung's support is clueless.

2. Underclocked

Underclocked MDL Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Did you do an upgrade first? Do you get any messages? Do you hear any voices? :D

3. compgen_1534

compgen_1534 MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2015
    Boot from the cd or usb

Open a command prompt

Type the following commands

Bootrec.exe /?

And type every switch it tells you then reboot and the computer will boot to the Os

4. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #4 odiebugs1, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    You don't format a SSD, if it was new there was no reason, and if you had data on it you secure erase it.

Is the flash drive formatted Fat or NTFS, and are you installing in legacy or UEFI ?.

If win 10 installed correctly, go to boot in your BIOS and set to boot MGR, if it's not. Also is it set to AHCI in storage ?.

5. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    I haven't looked but is there still boot repair with install media, or is this a better way, and does it also perform well with UEFI booting with GPT. Thanks.

6. debas1980

debas1980 MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2012
    If your laptop has BROADCOM wlan module then it will not boot for clean installation as there is some problem with the broadcom drivers in samsung laptops.I was facing the same problem and I just detached the wlan card from my laptop and do the upgrade procedure without any hassle. You can also try my procedure by detaching the wlan card and then do the clean install.Try it and tell me whether it is working or not.