Clevo fingerprint reader & Windows 10? Fingerprint logon option doesn't appear

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by zylor, Jan 1, 2016.

1. zylor

zylor MDL Junior Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Hi everyone! Currently i've tried every single version of Windows 10 so far (always with a clean install, never a upgrade), LTSB, Enterprise (1511), Enterprise N (1511) and RTM 10240.

I own a Clevo P377SM-A and got windows 10 drivers from Eurocom site:

ht t p : / / w w w .eurocom.com/ec/drivers(253)ec (can't post links yet)

And despite biometric reader from Egistec being displayed in the windows components and being installed, i can't get windows to show the fingerprint login to show up. I've searched and search google for a fix and can't find a single fix for it!

Anyone know how to fix it? Because i need the fingerprint reader for lastpass :(

Thanks in advance

2. zylor

zylor MDL Junior Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Forget it!

Found this:

http : //answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-hello-option-not-showing-in-sign-in/10f11e7f-ebc9-425e-b782-4e94c0eb520d

Well i don't have such camera... so anyone know any registry tweak to disable the verification of the camera but use the fingerprint reader instead? This is just stupid from micr0s0ft

3. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    You don't need a depth camera for Windows Hello to work, it is only required for the face recognition feature. If there is a fingerprint reader, it should show up for Windows Hello in the settings app (under Account > Login Options), but you need to create a PIN first to set it up via Windows Hello. Therefore, stupid question, did you create a PIN and scanned your finger(s) already? Otherwise, fingerprint login won't show up even if there is a sensor, and AFAIK you have to re-scan your finger(s) every time you do a clean install.

If it doesn't work for Windows Hello, what about the fingerprint software of the manufacturer?