Client backup software for Windows Server 2012

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by nathanrs10, Aug 24, 2013.

1. nathanrs10

nathanrs10 MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2012
    Currently I have a system with WHS2011 installed that backs up all five computers in my house. I would like to upgrade it to Windows Server 2012 as I have a license from dreamspark. What is some good software to use for client computer backups instead of the Windows Home Server 2011 Dashboard? The solution Acronis offers is several hundred dollars for the windows server platform. I'm looking for something a bit more affordable.

This may be my first post on MDL but I have been reading for years :rolleyes:. You guys always seem to know whats best.

2. BIOSNOIDEA

BIOSNOIDEA MDL Senior Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Backups

I would have said Acronis.............yes, money is the killer. There is another company that has been making noises for a while. FARSTONE. Not sure what the pricing is like.
    Sorry, the backup thing is not my specialty and at home, when money is low I end up "purchasing" other ways............

3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Try DriveSnapshot, differential backup

sebus

4. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    For the record Acronis True Image Home 2013 16.0 Build 5551 BootCD with Plus Pack will work just boot to it on client and point it to where you want ASZ or backups and boot with the CD when you need to restore a drive on a client .. No need for the costly version .. It will do incremental but you will be doing them manually with the boot cd

5. nathanrs10

nathanrs10 MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2012
    Thanks man, drive snapshot does not seem bloated at all. Just set that up in task scheduler as it allows command line options.

6. cyberbot

cyberbot MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Veeam is the best if you are on Virtul.!