Clock, region, languages icon not on control panel.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by submariner, May 17, 2011.

1. submariner

submariner MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2010
    I have installed 3 different languages on 3 user accounts.Now I can't find the region/language icon to change a display language.
    Even with the microsoft help to change a language, where it says " click here" to change a display language doesn't do anything.
    Now what prompted this is for some reason I am getting a message that "optimum resolution is 1900/1200".As a result, if I try and open my English language account, I get a "blue screen".If I open in Hebrew or Rumanian it opens.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    try a quick repair, could be your install was corrupted. So What version 7 you have exactly,it has to be ultimate, correct, but what build , you have SP1......

3. submariner

submariner MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2010
    I have windows ultimate.But having thoroughly cleaned the PC I decided to give the samsung screen a good clean with compressed air.Actually I was appalled by the heavy dust build-up on the air intake for the screen.Its one thing keeping the screen clean, but i think this is the first time I took a good look around the back.
    Bottom line, it works fine now.And a point of interest, while it was giving me the "optimum resolution" warning my HDMI connection failed.Now that works as well.

4. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    :D glad all is working, i guess easy on the compressed air next time...

5. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...