Close button on Windows 8??

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by EApubs, Sep 14, 2011.

1. EApubs

EApubs MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2011
    Hey.. I just installed Windows 8... But... I can't find the close, minimize of maximize buttons in Win 8 apps (The tile apps)! How can i close them?

2. Madonna

Madonna MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2011
    ops, I have the same question (how to close). I think to "minimize" you just open a new app or go to the "green screen".. you can click and hold on the middle of the left screen and drag "open" apps..

3. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    At the moment you can not Close without Taskmanager, Apps suspend them self if they aren't used and are supposed to close after not being used for a longer time.
    But.. the suspending is really crap solution right now, once the process is suspended you can not use swipeing to get back to it, you have to click the tiles (so its actually wasting your memory without giving your benefit.. lol)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Madonna

Madonna MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2011
    Thanks Shenj,

I was using the task manager to close them, I hope they will allow to close those apps in the future.

5. howie

howie MDL Novice

Nov 5, 2007
    Right click on apps button and you can make smaller, uninstall, or unpin.

Howie

6. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    I used windows key on keyboard to close them

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Chris123NT

Chris123NT MDL Expert

Oct 23, 2010
    That doesn't actually close them, it puts them in a suspended state

8. segobi

segobi MDL Addicted

Jul 14, 2009
    I can switch between suspended apps just perfectly. Drag them from the middle of the left corner. 1366x768

9. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    No, they vanish from that View (but not all of em, im not sure if this is bugged or intended, some never even suspend cause of their wasted cpu useage, hello weather app) so you have to click the Tile to get the suspended App back into action :\

10. segobi

segobi MDL Addicted

Jul 14, 2009
    when ? After 30 minutes i could still switch to the suspended apps.

11. ashishsgr8

ashishsgr8 MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2012
    HI all you can use ALT+F4 to close the tile.

12. davejunia

davejunia MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2012
    Understand that traditional Windows users will want to close apps when they are done. But it's time to see Metro / Modern / Windows 8 UI similar in certain ways to iOS and Android.

You hit the home button to get out of apps. You don't really close apps on your phone. Same thing here. Better getting used to it rather than doing it 'the wrong way'.

13. edward322

edward322 MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2012
    I think u need glass I m also using that no problem at all

14. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    When Apps are opend, press Win-Key+Tab and hold Win-Key, then rightclick on App you want on appearing bar and "Close".
    Done!
    Regards

15. AmuletOfNight

AmuletOfNight MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2010
    A MUCH simpler way to do this is just position the mouse at the top of the window (it will turn into a hand) and drag it down.

16. avseq

avseq MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2009
    When in a metro app (assuming you use Mouse + Keyboard like me), take the mouse pointer towards top of the screen and it'll change to hand icon. Then click and drag towards bottom of the screen to close the app.
    There should be an equivalent touch interaction for this as well.

17. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Together with taskmanager quite a lot of options to get that done :D.

18. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Drag them from the middle of the left corner right click close.