[Closed] ReviOS, the New Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by pisthai, Feb 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #1 pisthai, Feb 21, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2021
    ReviOS, the New Windows 10

At this very moment, I'm running ReviOS on a very low-power Netbook an Acer Aspire One 722 with AMD C60 CPU (2 x 1GHz!) and 4 GB RAM! HDD is 500GB WD.

ReviOS is a 'Custom' Windows 10 2004H2 which is free to download from ReviOS are build from Windows 10 Enthusiasts and strongly based on the original Microsoft Windows 10, that far, that it also used the Activation via Microsoft. If the user's PC has already an HWID with Digital License for Windows 10, ReviOS will automatically use that HWID/Digital License and activate with no problem.

The 'Developers' of ReviOS saying on there Website:
    Those who like to know more about this OS should checkout via the Internet!

The basic use of space by installing the 64bit version is just as little as 9.5GB! I installed a few Utilities and use now 10.3GB.
    Overall, and for sure because of the removal of a lot of Apps/Files, etc. this OS is running well on that low-powered Netbook!

I would say, for those users who always complaining about Windows 10 and its huge content of Apps/Files, this is an OSD to get checked out.

For my own, I like to use it maybe on a daily basis because, for the first few hours of use, it looks very promising to be an excellent alternative to the full Windows 10 of Microsoft!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
  3. indeed

4. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    So if microsoft creates Windows X it's legit and if some Pro folks create a lite windows os it's homebrew what's up these days with that mentality here on MDL ??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  6. every ISO / ESD / VHD or whatsoever that was not originally released by Microsoft is considered homebrew.

7. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Sad enough!

8. it's not sad, it's a fact.

9. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    #10 endbase, Feb 21, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    Sure bro what ever you want

ps Fact is that all the brainless sheep here believe that only M$ has the knowledge and the right to release a some sort uber OS and can call it legit pfft what ever .....

10. ohenry

ohenry MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Given a computer lacking the necessary horsepower to run Windows 10, I would prefer to use one of the lighter Linux distros. Heck, you can even get the Chrome OS and make a chromebook out of it.

On the other hand, computer hardware is so cheap these days why bother? I recently gave away 3 complete fully functioning computers with Core 2 Duo cpus. No idea why I kept them around so long.

11. it’s not about knowledge, it’s about verifying the ISO. Microsoft isn’t known to put any malicious things in their ISOs, but maybe those ReviOS creators put a keylogger in it? who knows, you can only be sure when downloading an ISO by Microsoft which do have a verifiable hash.

12. RobrPatty

RobrPatty MDL Expert

Jul 23, 2009
    Put on daily driver....fastest, stable, os I've ever used. Faster and more stable that Server 2019.

13. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    >ps Fact is that all the brainless sheep here believe that only M$ has the knowledge and the right to release a some sort uber OS and can call it legit pfft what ever .....

Get over it . Its a rule . Do we want this site bombarded with takedown / Content Removal notices from microsoft ?

14. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    That's what i meant with my comment ne need to get over it just stated out how I look at it take it or leave it as it is

15. oilernut

oilernut MDL Senior Member

Jul 8, 2007
    They are literally taking a Windows 10 image and making some changes to it. They aren't creating a new OS.

16. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    All the efforts people make to create a better OS even if it's from a windows image is welcome by me just my 2 cents

17. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Barnbrew, so horsesh*t