[Closed] Testers Locked from Big Muscle's New Aeroglass Build

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by dhjohns, Sep 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. daveo76

daveo76 MDL Expert

Nov 9, 2009
    Have you tried signing in. As I had that padlock symbol and hovered over it and it said "sign in required". I signed in and the link become available

3. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Foreseenothe

Foreseenothe MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2015
    Hes been doing sketchy crap like this since the beginning. :nosweat:

5. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    It is wonderful to see the online community pull together on this one. This is not the only forum which has made his "LOCKED" build available. :clap:

6. genenioo

genenioo MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2007
    #6 genenioo, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    He seems to have a talent for annoying people. Why restrict access to a test build--doesn't he want it to have as much exposure as possible so any problems can be ironed out for the final? I wish he would get the final out already. By the time he does at the rate he's going rs2 will be out and we'll be starting all over again. You might remember you gave me the info on how to run the test builds but I haven't done that mainly because I wasn't sure how to reverse it when the final came out and it really isn't that important that I have it immediately. Again, how about an installer that of course can easily be uninstalled?

7. bigmuscle

bigmuscle MDL Junior Member

Jan 23, 2013
    The real question is Why should I provide it to public? You can always make your own software, because your comment shows that you can do it better...

8. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Just log in and it will get unlocked :D

9. bigmuscle

Jan 23, 2013
    Sure, very easy... but it is much easier to complain that I angered donators and testers because I locked something... although testing versions (=for testers) are freely available to public and pre-release version is normally available for all donators after login :clap:

10. bonesz

bonesz MDL Junior Member

Jun 30, 2013
    was not locked for me, I was able to download by clicking. FYI

11. pf100

pf100 MDL Expert

Oct 22, 2010
    No, the real question is why do you choose to be an ass? You put a lot of work into it.

12. Mr GRiM

Mr GRiM MDL Junior Member

Sep 4, 2012
    The only people who are being asses here are the ones who complained, BM has supported this project for years now and is the only one who has done something to bring back a feature that everyone has wanted since it was removed, he has spent hundreds of hours creating it and keeping it updated and has done the best job he can, at the same time made it free for everyone to use, yes there is a watermark and a nag screen asking for you to donate, I am sure that if he was able to licence his software he would probably do what Tihiy did and just provided a 30 day trial and then have to activate it, but for reasons known only to him he is not able to licence Aero Glass.

As for the locked build, it is a pre release and will most likely still contain bugs that he wants only select supporters to test for, BM is a perfectionist and doesn't want to provide buggy software and that is why he takes as long to release final public builds, he also mentioned that there is no other real changes to this build then the previous one that is still available for everyone to test, if you don't like the way he does things then just don't use Aero Glass and be done with it, why everyone wants to keep attacking this poor guy I have no idea, you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

13. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @bigmuscle: I haven't used your product, but as a developer, I understand.

"No good deed goes unpunished".

Keep rocking! Best of luck with your software. :thumbsup:

14. bigmuscle

Jan 23, 2013
    Sure, I am an ass, because I decided to spend some of my free time on the software development and providing it to the public and then providing new pre-release version a bit earlier (before I manage to build the installer etc.) to the donators as my thanks. I should probably close the public development completely and provide it to the closed group of users only. This would at least avoid these silly situations. The most absurd thing is that this pre-release version #669 is exactly the same as the previous build #668 which is freely available to everyone. Only the version number has been increased. But the user sees a "lock" icon on my website and he must immediately run to the different forums and complain that I angered many donators although he is not the donator himself... I'm asking how I angered them? By providing them version with different numbering? Or what is the purpose of this complaining?

15. Ace2

Ace2 MDL Senior Member

Oct 10, 2014
    To login you must have a donator account, so this means for anyone wanting to download rs1_14393_669_x64_rel, they must donate for a test build, before they can test it ? :g:

16. genenioo

genenioo MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2007
    #16 genenioo, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    Because they're your customers or prospective customers. I do consider it a little impolite to ask but as long as you're here do you expect to have the final soon?

I never said nor implied that nor can I--that's why I pay for things.

I can't see any purpose for this. Where's the favor if they're the same? Was it disclosed?

17. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Perhaps he is taking a graduate level sociology course. Release one build to all, release same build to small group of people, but publish higher version number. Get those people to say it is behaves better than "previous" build. Sit back, and wait. Take notes. Complain. Write report, and submit to professor.

18. bigmuscle

Jan 23, 2013
    No, nobody has to. ALL testing builds are freely available for download on my website.

Who are my customers? Those neverending complainers who will complain even if they have no reason?

The only and one reason was that I decided to mark the final release as 1.5 instead of 1.4.x. So I changed the number and provide it to the donators only so they have a build marked as "FINAL" and not "FOR TESTING ONLY" before I manage to complete 32-bit version and installer. Yeah, maybe I should not do that, not release anything to anyone and just wait another 2 months when everything is completed.

But the reason is totally irrelevant here, this topic clearly shows those neverending lies of complainers to disrespect's other work. So I'm asking how I angered many donators?

On the other side, f I had provided it to the public there would be another complainers who would complain that there is no installer, there is no 32-bit version etc. They would found another reason to complain, because they just need to complain.

19. BrianCohen

BrianCohen Guest

i dont know bigmuscle from adam so i cant comment one way or another, but without this topic, i wouldnt have known about his product, which if i go the w8/8.1 10 route, maybe useful to me. i certainly dont have the knowhow to do stuff like that so i couldnt do better. respect to those who can :worthy:

20. Mr GRiM

Mr GRiM MDL Junior Member

Sep 4, 2012
    We need to ignore these people mate, they are clearly just being Trolls, you have have thousands of people who support and appreciate your hard efforts and understand why you do things the way you do, if these simpletons cant understand that, then that's their problem, I will be making another $20 donation very soon :)