CloudFlare's IPFS

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Joe C, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    This looks interesting...
    Details here
    https://developers.cloudflare.com/distributed-web/ipfs-gateway/about-ipfs/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    nowadays everything is related to the cloud, hehe "things" of the modern world hmm maybe a kind of giant P2P and the future I think; good find Joe C thanks for share :good3:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    I say stay away from CloudFlare and all their services.

* Crimeflare
    * Criticism of total content neutrality
    * Cloudflare’s 1.1.1.1 DNS Does Nothing for Privacy

There are more links which I can provide because I'm watching them since the beginning. Basically what CloudFlare does is trhat they pickup comments from other people and then they trying to "make it better", they changed the well known and trusted crypto systems and replaced it with lava lamps. Which they say improves security, which I highly doubt, that if you touch well known crypto systems because you're think you#re smarter than everyone often ends up with desasters, the best example is telegram.

That MDL uses cloudflare now and that they use reCAPTCHA is imho a no-go because this is explicity designed to track and identify you, I really expected more from Daz than make his life easier by using a closed source system and trust randomly Cloudflare with our data. I expected instead to see the well known open sources self-hosted alternatives. Cloudflare basically tries to aim like Google and you simply can't trust or take them serious. I predict it won#t take long until there is a CloudFlare VPN service, they already try to take over DNSCrypt so that they might get control over it. However not everything they do is bad (same like Google etc) but it's questional why you not simply self-host or use open source systems in order to gain users trust and increase the change to identify possible security related problems faster.