Code 39 Keyboard and Touchpad no longer working after Virus removal

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BuonaDomenica, Dec 16, 2011.

1. BuonaDomenica

BuonaDomenica MDL Senior Member

Aug 27, 2009
    #1 BuonaDomenica, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit on a Dell Inspiron 1420 and i get the code 39 error in the device manager for the keyboard and touchpad. I know the keyboard is working when I go into the Bios. When connecting an external mouse and keyboard those are working. This started after I removed one of those fake Windows Security viruses.

searched the web and there are all kind of solutions out there and non of them are working. I have uninstalled / reinstalled the keyboard and mouse drivers with no luck.

any help appreciated

thanks

BD

2. BuonaDomenica

Aug 27, 2009
    bump - any suggestions please? took out that laptop hard drive and trying to replace the corrupted drivers and get error messages only. access denied.

this is very frustrating.

3. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    try repairing your win7 with this
    To Run the SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 7
    1. Open a elevated command prompt (right click -> Run as administrator).

2. To Scan and Repair System Files
    NOTE: Scans the integrity of all protected system files and repairs the system files if needed. Please see red WARNING box at the top of this tutorial.
    A) In the elevated command prompt, type sfc /scannow and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    NOTE: This may take a little bit to finish.

4. BuonaDomenica

Aug 27, 2009
    tried that but no go. A trojan infected the keyboard and mouse files and there is no fix for that. Wasted hours searching the net with no fix. Now reinstalling.

Microsoft Security Essentials is not the be free AV out there.

5. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    am sure you ll be back in no time, a good AV is definitely a must. I use Avast .