Code 8024402F error on updating

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by levomac, Oct 3, 2014.

1. levomac

levomac MDL Novice

May 1, 2010
    Hi ,

I get the error 8024402f on updating WindowsTechnicalPreview-x64-EN-US with both a fresh install or upgrading my exiting win 8.1 update 1with update with wmc.

I tried the ms fix it utility for 8.1 that fixes background transfer services etc but it does not change anything

Could anyone advise about how do I fix this.

thanks in advance.

2. KnowledgeableNewbie

KnowledgeableNewbie MDL Member

Sep 30, 2014
    not to be a smart***, but try googling lots of info.

3. levomac

levomac MDL Novice

May 1, 2010
    well as I said I have tried the following,

1. ms fixit tool
    2.manually start the win update and background intelligent transfer services
    3.clear internet history cookies/cache,
    4. tried to reregister the regsvr .dll services as told in one of the threads here.
    5. reformat and reinstall.

As far as I know I have gone through 4 threads on the same topic here on these forums relating to win7, vista and 8, also googled and found similar answers that did not work.

Besides why a fresh install should not work that was working nicely with win 8.1 prior to win10t install ,now even a fresh install of win8.1update 1 shows the same error.

never encountered this before!!!!

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    when same error now occurs with 8.1 you can expect some bad hardware in any way

5. levomac

levomac MDL Novice

May 1, 2010
    @paul

Any pointer as to what hardware is likely to have gone wrong.

6. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    #6 Hadron-Curious, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Code:
    1) Check your time and date if they are correct.

2) Type  services.msc  into your Run and click OK. Look for Windows Update and right-click on it and start it.

3) Try to turn off your firewall at the Control Panel and start Windows up.  Turn it on after the Windows update is done.

7. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    #7 PaulDesmond, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
    oh boy, this is hard to say. It can be a bad ram, a bad hdd/ssd or cable, mainboard malfunction and even an overheated cpu can cause problems when the fan is out of control etc ...
    A malfunction of your lan/wlan device also can cause this problem if no updates can be retrieved