Colin McRae 2005 on Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by robert79513, Mar 11, 2009.

1. robert79513

robert79513 MDL Member

Jan 5, 2009
    #1 robert79513, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
    Does anybody try to play Colin McRae 2005 on windows 7 build 7022 x86?
    I've tryed to play on windows vista it says that it's run only on Windows XP.

2. win7

win7 MDL Senior Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Just try it in compatibilty mode, there have been more modes such as xp sp3, vista sp1, sp2 added in build 7048 :)

3. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    XP, Vista, Win7 Compatibility

It is my understanding that Win7 was written to mimic Vista in compatibility. Thus, progs not compatible with Vista would not likely be compatible in Win7.

One thing you could try is to run Colin McRay in compatibility mode in Win7. Right-click either the Colin McRay shortcut or the *.exe file. Click on PROPERTIES>COMPATIBILITY tab>then check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" box>click on the down-arrow>from the list, highlight the program that you want to use when launching Colin McRay. I am not familiar with Colin McRay but you might then have to look next at the SETTINGS options and decide if any apply. For example, I have to run one of my games with 256 colors so I checked the 256 colors option.

My experience with Compatibility Mode is that it has always allowed me to run even Win95 era games in Win7.

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. win7

win7 MDL Senior Member

Dec 21, 2008
    With many programs its just a case of windows 7/ windows nt 6.1 not being listed as a supported os, hence the vista compatibility, but im sure it does more than just this..

5. robert79513

robert79513 MDL Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Yeah I know about capability mode.
    I wont to know it this game work becouse i wont to download this game (I haven't got it) but if it don't work I'll not download it. Please can someone check it out?:confused:

6. win7

win7 MDL Senior Member

Dec 21, 2008
    LOL, why don't YOU check it out, i doubt many people here are playing such an old game.

7. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    The Application compatibility toolkit works wonders too. I do not know if there is a beta version for Windows 7 out yet or not, but the Vista one might work.

8. robert79513

robert79513 MDL Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I've tryed run game on vista in compatibility mode on every configuration and it did't help.

9. robert79513

robert79513 MDL Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Becouse I have slow internet 1MB (120kb/s) and it will take 2 days before i download game and what a waste of time if it don't run on windows 7. And maby many pepole here aren't play "such an old game" but maby someone is :cool:
    And if YOU don't know the answer than shut up!

10. throbber

throbber MDL Addicted

Mar 13, 2008
    i find that using that is the long way to give you the same ancer as right clicking and run in compatibility mode:D

11. robert79513

robert79513 MDL Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I have Colin McRae Dirt.
    I'm trying to say that Colin McRae 2005 is not working on any capability mode on windows vista how can I be sure it will work on windows 7?

12. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    #13 HMonk, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
    Bad English? No. Inapprpriate English? Yes.

Robert,

Since you have publicly aired your dubious temperament, please accept this public rebuke.

I regard this forum as being a haven for mature, professional behaviors whose goal it is to provide as technically accurate and helpful responses as possible to its members. It may be an old-fashioned notion but I see us a family with kindred interests - in the least, to operate our computing systems to their greatest capacity and stability.

As is the case in any family, each of us has a role in achieving the desired end. Paramount to achieving that end is that each of us fulfill our obligations, to wit: each member does everything possible, everything he or she is capable of, to fulfill the requirements of his or her role.

Now let's look at your posts, by the numbers.

1 - seems like a reasonable question
    5 - you say "yeah" you known all about this compatibility mode stuff; incredibly you then say YOU are not going to DL the game if it does not work but direct others to DL it and check it out!? Very bad form Robert: you want us to do your work for you!
    8 - run game on Vista? What game? The game you have not DLed? All games? Based on your post, we have to make assumptions.
    9 - you complain about your Internet connection, (waste of time to DL due to the time it will take) so I guess one of us should DL the game and test it for you. Then, sadly, you choose to expose yourself: "Shut up" you say. And to whom are you talking? Everyone of us who chose to respond to you did not have to do so; we voluntarily and graciously expended our resources of time, energy, money in your behalf. Robert, this is not bad form, in my opinion, it is a total lack of appreciation of and indifference to those who would, otherwise, come to your assistance. Why do you chose to behave this way?

I urge caution and decorum. Thank you.

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...