Colonoscopy

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Pasta88, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    I was wondering if a person has a colonoscopy if they should shave a clear bowel movement or should it a brownish color the day before or they day of having it?

thx

2. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    Chances are you will have a prescription for polyethylene glycol from your doctor. Take it as he directs. It is not necessary your bowel movement be absolutely clear. The purpose is to clean you out so there is nothing in the way when the colonoscopy is performed. Make sure you send the doctor some flowers with a note "I hope it was as good for you as it was for me!" I know someone who actually did that! LOL

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I think ideally it should be clear but that is not always the case I had one a few weeks back the procedure was not to bad , had mild anesthetic but the drinking of the fluid to clean out bowel is vile, ended up they removed three polops still a waiting results on them and found out I also have diverticular disease. But still looking on the bright side last cancer ct scan was clear :rolleyes:

4. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    I drank that crappy drink spent some time on the crapper went to the doctors they knocked me out woke up all done they removed a few polops that was it, no pain all clean nothing bad don't have to do it again for about 5 years I think.

5. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    The more polyps they find each time... the more often they want to clean you out. I am told to get one every 3 yrs now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. 3sidedcube

3sidedcube MDL Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Interesting topic of the week!
    Well seen as I am about to have the procedure myself over the next few day's due to a canal hernia. I'll let you know. but as far as I can tell you should be running clear for the procedure. If you follow the instruction's to the letter.
    that will be the case.
    It don't have to be crystal clear.

7. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    Had one a few weeks ago ........ took the laxative and sat on the bog for 4 hours waiting :) ...... it finaly happened about 10 hours later ...... didnt have any anasthetic or tranquiliser and watched it live on TV :) ........ Didnt hurt and wasnt uncomfortable ...... except when he rammed it into my solar plexus area :) ...... I was quite impressed ...... how many people have seen up their own bum ? ...... Got a couple of fotos for me family foto album ...... maybe i have them printed and send them as christmas cards next year ......