Color and Appearance settings

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by znx, Feb 2, 2015.

1. znx

znx MDL Novice

Sep 16, 2012
    I changed my wallpaper and in "Color and Appearance" I have it set to automatic. Now I really like the colors it chose, black for start bar and blue on top of the windows. The problem is if I try to change the colors to manual I can never have the same colors. Changing color intensity, hue, saturation, brightness... the maximum I can do is black + black (and I can't read anything) or black + gray. Is there any way to save this config or keep/change a little for other wallpapers? maybe its saved in registry or something. Thank you

ss.jpg

2. Ace2

Ace2 MDL Expert

Oct 10, 2014
    #2 Ace2, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017

Select your wallpaper, than Select which color you want for Title bars, than use True Black Taskbar Regedit Settings:.

True Black Taskbar Regedit Settings:
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Accent]
    "StartColorMenu"=dword:00000000
    "AccentColorMenu"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Accent]
    "DefaultStartColor"=dword:00000000

Open gpedit, ONLY use these settings if you don't want Title bars color to change from Default blue:
    User Configuration / Administrative Templates / Windows Components / Desktop Window Manager / Window Frame Coloring
    Do not allow color changes = Enabled

NOTES:
    MUST use True Black Taskbar Regedit Settings: whenever you change the wallpaper.

YOU ONLY need to use gpedit if you don't want Title bars color to change from Default blue.

3. znx

znx MDL Novice

Sep 16, 2012
    Exactly what I wanted, thank you :)