Comcast and the Arris SB8200 modem

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Joe C, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Has anybody else experienced an outage from Comcast with this modem this month in January?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    I have the Motorola and I have experience a few outage in Jan what I do is a reboot the modem sometimes twice and connection comes back, I don't think is a modem issue.

3. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    My modem went out on Jan 15th. After some research, I am not alone with this issue...
    ARRIS SB8200 and COMCAST / XFINITY - MISCONFIGURATION ISSUE
    https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-...TY-MISCONFIGURATION-ISSUE/m-p/3300411#M314550
    It looks like Comcast pushed out an update that hosed the Arris SB8200 modems. Comcast deny's this but too many people are affected by this... I am one of those peeps that had an issue and those bastards are trying to charge me for service call for a problem they created...
    Some peeps are purchasing new modems for some thing that Comcast did...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    #4 MS_User, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    could be that hackers are modding does models and the update renders them for working...i seen a few adds in craigslist were they offer Xfinity internet unlimited for a one time fee and u know thats not Xfinity so their doing something they found a hole in their security they can exploit.

5. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I do not think so because when xifinity came out the guy condemned my modem right off the bat. I've only had this modem for a couple of months so I called Arris for an RMA and Arris stated they were getting multiple calls because comcast did something on their end and the fault was not with my modem. I still have that same modem right now connected and it is working.

6. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    did u ask the tech why he didnt like that model? like i said if that model is getting modded xfinity will not admit that their network is compromise and they train their people to tell costumers to change to another brand or model....like i said here in my city their doing it their offering unlimited internet for a one time fee on craigslist.

7. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    The tech was that not good.... He used idiot lights on a box to tell me my signal was good and the fault was my modem, at the time I did not think to have him look into the modem to actually see the signal strength and recorded errors. Obviously my tech was a noob.With unemployment so low it's very hard to get any type of good service anywhere, because they do not properly train new hires and the new hires have no clue as to what they are doing. I did ask if he checked it at the pole and he gave me this crazy response that he checked it with his cell phone??? I knew it was not going right from that moment on.

8. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    is modem running the latest firmware and did u change any settings in the device...i find that that update a bit suspicious i think their cracking down on modded devices....but even so your legally register modem shouldn't be having connection issues...the ARRIS SB8200 is a real good model cable modem...only idea i can give u is a factory reset not sure if try that already...u say is up now so if not broken dont fix it.;)

9. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014