Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by xanderu, May 5, 2010.
You need to login to view this posts content.
not sure what kind of BIOS you have but read this you may get partial help.
Thanks for answering me. would you mind explaining to me the types of Bios? AMI, etc.? what is the process to flash the BIOS when you can't tourn it on? Memory Stick? (How that works?) The netbook is brand new.
This post seems to outline the crisis recovery method for the hp mini 110
All of the Compaq Mini110c PC's I have done mods for have an AMI Bios.
Read the Step-by-Step AMI Bios Recovery Procedure here:
- Small size USB Flash drive (mine is 256MB)
- Your BIOS image file (the most important thing)
- HP USB Drive Format Tool
- Format USB flash drive with bootable miniDOS using HP tool
- copy your BIOS image file into USB flash drive and rename it to AMIBOOT.ROM
- Plug in USB flash drive to your Netbook
- Turn the netbook on and wait: the screen remain black. But if LED indicator on USB start flashing several time, it seem good signal. Keep waiting for about 2 or 3 minutes. If the LED did not flash, this meathod cannot help.
- At last, AMI logo and some messages appear on the screen and the system will restart itself, your BIOS has been recovered. Nothing happen after 5 minutes (can be abit longer), I have to say "Sorry! This cannot help".
I contacted the Hp live chat assistant. It was excessive stactic energy in the netbook.