Compaq Not Listed in Daz Loader V1.9. How Do I install???

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by computergeek, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. computergeek

computergeek MDL Junior Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Hey guys! I decided to get rid of my Windows 7 Enterprise with my DeathWAT installed and I decided to install Ultimate with Daz's loader. One problem though, I have a Compaq PC and when I opened up Daz Loader, it has ASUS selected. Will this work? Compaq is not listed at all in the loader.

2. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    Your Compaq probably has an ASUS MB so that will work but I would use HP for that because Compaq's are made by HP.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. computergeek

Feb 14, 2010
    Yeah, my PC has an ASUS Motherboard. So you want me to select Compaq instead of ASUS? For SLIC, Certificate, and serial, they should all be HP?

4. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    It will work either way dude but to make it appear more legit you should go with HP serial, cert combo and install the loader with those preferences. You will be good to go after that though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Like he said, yes beacuse compaq computers are made by HP.. But hmmm that computer has asus mb/bios? if so go for that.

6. computergeek

Feb 14, 2010
    So, I do: ASUS SLIC, ASUS Certificate, and HP Serial? I think my PC has an Asus Motherboard

7. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Well it could be an asus motherboard but regardless what type of motherboard you have if it is an HP OEM computer you want to select HP Slic + HP Cert + HP Serial. It will work just fine even if you have an asus motherboard. It will also look more legit.

8. computergeek

Feb 14, 2010
    Thanks everyone! I did all HP and it worked! I am now genuine illegally lol. Thanks. You can now close this thread