Compaq OEM disc

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Evgeniy, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Evgeniy

Evgeniy MDL Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Hello i have problem.

I have a Compaq Evo N1020v with oem sticker on it but lost the cd.

Could you point me in the right direction so i can make a matching oem install cd.

now i am trying to install it with a lenovo oem disk but that will be an epic fail i think.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Evgeniy

Evgeniy MDL Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Lenovo oem did not activate as i predicted.

But it did give me an option to activate via key and did activate through internet.

I am still interested in procedure from my first post so anyone.....

Thx

4. Evgeniy

Evgeniy MDL Member

Apr 23, 2010
    #4 Evgeniy, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
    (OP)
    And that is what exactly? (HP link up there)

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  6. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    #6 zahnoo, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
    Your post concerned recovery in that you said you "lost the cd"; Compaq provides for recovery disk creation. The link points you (as you requested) to solutions about getting and using recovery disk(s). There are multiple scenarios listed. But you also mentioned an installation disk. They are not the same thing.

A recovery disk will do exactly as named; recovery your system back to its original OEM state. An installation disk, while installing an OS, will not "recover" your original OEM state. An installation disk can be created to install programs, drivers and etc, but strictly speaking it's still not the "recovery" disk. A recovery disk either comes with the computer or is created by an OEM program on the computer or is bought from the OEM. Computers with recovery partitions may or may not come with a recovery disk or a program to create them.

Links to OS installation .iso files are on this site. Burning that downloaded .iso file to CD or DVD will create and installation disk but it likely will not have all the drivers that were a part of the OEM OS installation.

7. Evgeniy

Evgeniy MDL Member

Apr 23, 2010
    There is no recovery partition its to old to have it. (I allways clone bit by bit my drives with recovery partitions or just boot partition and recovery partition)

Will try with a unattended pro version i made with nlite and see will that work for me or i need to download one from repository.

Will check links and report back.

Thx

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You need correct oembios files none will preactivate without them.

9. Evgeniy

Evgeniy MDL Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Know all that.

will slipstream drivers in the image.

I was thinking what urie said.

Thx

10. Evgeniy

Evgeniy MDL Member

Apr 23, 2010

Know that from vista and 7.

Will check back after i get home.

11. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Vista/7 doesnt require any oembios files but a marker called SLIC :)

Check my thread and see if you can find an iso that will activate your computer.