Compaq Presario C700 Graphics Issue!?!

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by kerrr, Aug 29, 2012.

1. kerrr

kerrr MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2012
    Hi again,

I seem to be getting a strange occurrence with my c700, when I am using the laptop, I sometimes get red / green breaks in the picture,
    I thought Originally this could just be a screen cable issue, but every now and then it hangs. I just want to pinpoint the solution so I can estimate the repair effort.

Assumptions:

1.Screen cable is loose / cracked, causing breaks in picture / hangs.
    2. Graphics card is overheating / corrupt (heard of a similar issue with the soldering becoming loose).

I have tried a bios upgrade (f.35) and a reinstall of the os (windows 7 pro) to no avail.
    If anyone could shed some light on the issue, fix, price. WOULD BE AWESOME!

Thanks

2. supaduper

supaduper MDL Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Connect an external monitor to the laptop via the vga port if problem still there then its the GPU, if its ok then its either screen/inverter/cabling/connections

3. kerrr

kerrr MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2012
    ok will try that after I re - flash to f.35 (modded bios). Seem to get a error when trying to start up on windows 7 pro. (BSOD: boot header logging)
    or something liek that, could that be the bios or something more sinister?

4. supaduper

supaduper MDL Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Could be a bad BIOS flash but also check check your Hard drive with a diagnostc check if you can i.e.take it out and run the Hard drives manufactures diagnostic software on it, could have bad sectors MBR(master boot record) could be corrupt too.