Comparison of opus and xyplorer

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by khari3, Jan 14, 2019.

1. khari3

khari3 MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2015
    #1 khari3, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Developers at opus don't consider user wishes seriously and provide good support for pro users only.

Features lacking in opus ---

1)Option to open files by single click is not there

2)Bold font for active tab is not there

3)Icon to toggle between details mode and thumbnails is not there

4)If the breadcrumb bar's navigation buttons are removed then some of the features of breadcrumb don't work like it doesn't show downward path

5)No silent update

6)No,live filtering of item's in list

7)Some of the default keyboard shortcuts are not easy to use and natural

8)No restore selection for e.g if you have selected some files and accidentally clicked somewhere else then the selection is lost ,this is not the case with xyplorer.

9)No option for displaying file's age(by which one can know how old a file is,like to show as 3 months or 5 months) as opposed to current time

10)No in built dark theme

11)Branch view is not very good

12)No visual filter for files for e.g to see quickly files modified within a certain period like modified 3 hours back or 1 day,2 days etc...

13)Name columns width adjusting is not remembered automatically as a user changes it

14)Can't iconize a tab

Like the above point's there are still many features not available in opus.While in xyplorer all the above features are there and many other's also.I have used more than 7 file managers and xy top's in all of them.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Solution: Go with Xyplorer!

And, why bothering with the Opus because you found already what you were looking for. Speciality, if it's come to a Freeware version of an App which has a Pro Version already, it always means that the free one lucks of some (more!) features and for sure: Support!

Just change, no reason to complaining at an open public forum, the correct way is to complain to the developer!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. khari3

khari3 MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2015
    @pisthai -- what were you using before xyplorer?

4. xman charl

xman charl MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2014
    directory opus has sync feature, that why I use it

Charl

5. Jon Potter

Jon Potter MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2019
    Might be worth pointing out that "khari3" has something of a vendetta against us, as we recently stopped providing him with technical support after discovering he had been using a pirated version of Opus for 8 years.

So maybe take whatever he says with a pinch of salt.

Jon Potter, GP Software

6. BearPaws

BearPaws MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2008
    Wow 8 years! How you guys find out? I guess he couldn't provide any name or email tide to a purchased when he got caught? I have been using OPUS since 2010 but I do use xyplorer as well and got them both at Bitsdujour when it was worth it to buy there now it looks like a open market selling anything.

7. LogFly

LogFly MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2010
    Opus is so good I finally bought it. It really is a gem. Thanks GP.

8. khari3

khari3 MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2015
    @LOG -- Opus doesn't has these ---

1)Option to open files by single click is not there

2)Bold font for active tab is not there

3)Icon to toggle between details mode and thumbnails is not there

4)If the breadcrumb bar's navigation buttons are removed then some of the features of breadcrumb don't work like it doesn't show downward path

5)No silent update

6)No restore selection for e.g if you have selected some files and accidentally clicked somewhere else then the selection is lost ,this is not the case with xyplorer.

7)No option for displaying file's age(by which one can know how old a file is,like to show as 3 months or 5 months) as opposed to current time

9. BearPaws

BearPaws MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2008
    I feel your pain but why not just stop using it and stay with xyplorer, I can tell you are well aware of what’s missing in Directory OPUS. It seems to me that you really have a grudge with GPSoftware. I mean you have to understand that the Directory OPUS software is their source of income