Comparison of OSX86 install disk/method

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thebulletfromhell, Apr 18, 2011.

1. thebulletfromhell

thebulletfromhell MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2010
    Title said it all. I'm looking for one that work best with my comp, and my bandwith is really limited so I can only download one distro/month. Pro and cons plz. Thanks in advamce

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. minusdriver

minusdriver MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2011
    iboot legacy + retail install will more than likely work best for you. iboot legacy may be one of the only tools that will work because it is specifically targeted for unsupported cpus.

3. OzzYGuY

OzzYGuY MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2011
    Yes that method has worked flawlessly here for me most times on various different systems.

If you get an error, try adding busratio=17

Havent tried installing Lion yet....but Snow Leopard works fine.

4. jamdownian

jamdownian MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2011
    I normally use iboot and multibeast. Its the best so far.. and its relatively easy...:biggrin:

5. peppe1945

peppe1945 MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2009
    myhack method could resolve many compatibility problems

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. doggie015

doggie015 MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2012
    Same here. With some small tweaks you can even download 10.8 from the mac app store after you have finished with that method (I know; I've done it!). I've got a 100GB partition of my hard drive that I use for testing operating systems that at the moment is running Windows 8 but as the hard drive is a GUID partition table instead of MFT partition table I can go back to mac at any time. (And yes; windows WILL boot quite happily to a GUID partition table drive! How do you think Bootcamp works?)