completely disable RTC ( real time clock ) system time using modded BIOS?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by mynickname, Jul 2, 2012.

1. mynickname

mynickname MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2012
    #1 mynickname, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
    Hi. Can someone please help me with modding my BIOS? I would like to completely disable the system's real-time clock that is inside the BIOS.
    Should I just remove the CMOS battery and will that completely disable the system time? Or would I have to modify the BIOS?
    I think I have an AMI BIOS.
    Can anyone please help me or at least point me in the right direction? Thanks very much!

2. Sylver123

Sylver123 MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2010
    I am not sure why you would want to disable the Real Time Clock (RTC).

Like I said to you on other site by the PM you sent me, You can reset/clear the Real Time Clock (RTC) by removing the battery for some seconds
    but I don`t think you can disable the Real Time Clock (RTC) completely because your motherboard needs it and won't work without it.

3. mynickname

mynickname MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2012
    #3 mynickname, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
    (OP)
    Thanks for your answers. I already sent you a PM in the other forum.
    Is it possible to modify the RTC functions using a BIOS mod?

4. Sylver123

Sylver123 MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2010
    I am not exactly sure what the Real Time Clock (RTC) does but I do know it does a lot more than just keep the time.

I would imagine if you did disable or interrupt it, your computer would probably either not work at all or just crash.

Your operating system also requires the Real Time Clock (RTC) and won't work either without it.

Without the CMOS battery, your computer won't function properly and probably won't work.

5. mynickname

mynickname MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2012
    hello? anyone know how to re-program the RTC ?
    any help is appreciated thanks.

6. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    INT 8 is the timer tick interrupt. It fires about 18.2 times per second. You'll have to play around with the interrupt handler.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...