Computer doesn't have a dual boot screen w/ 2 Vistas and 2 HD

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by lexx007, Sep 24, 2008.

1. lexx007

lexx007 MDL Novice

Aug 21, 2007
    I have 2 hard drives with vista x64 on one and Vista x386 on the other.

When I boot the computer there is no dual/multi boot selection screen so I could choose between them.

I have to go to bios and select which drive to be primary drive to use that particular Vista os.

I have a Asus M3A32 deluxe w/WiFi and a 9850 phenom chip.

When I installed the 2nd drive I disconected the first drive when installing the 2nd Vista os.

Could someone help so I can have a boot os screen to select either drive.

Thanks,
    Lexx007

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. lexx007

lexx007 MDL Novice

Aug 21, 2007
    Thanks for the reply but I never said that I wanted them running at the same time!

I said I have no choice to choose between either of them.

One or the other!

Their is one Vista os on one hd and a second Vista os on the other hd.

When the computer boots there is no dual boot screen to choose from. The computer justs boot normally as if there was only one Vista os.

To boot to the other Vista os

I have to go to bios and choose the other (either the WD (Vista 64) or the Seagate (Vista 32)), as the 1st boot device to boot into that respective Vista Op system.

I have already tried BCD and it does nothing, it only recognize the Vista I am presently using and it doesn't recognize the other Vista op system.

However it does recognize both drives.

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    it's possibly the way you installed the vista's if you are selecting to boot from a drive installing vista then selecting boot from other drive and installing other version of vista, what you need to do is don't disconnect second drive when installing second version of vista then when you install it to second hard drive it will add boot selection screen to first drive.

5. subliminal

subliminal MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2009
    i installed vista x64 with a virtual dvd drive (no disc) in xp. it gives me the boot menu with my m3a32 deluxe. i kept crashing my installs from the dvd i burnt so i tried it this way and it worked. i could not remove my xp drive because its a partition on the same physical drive. im booting both no prob im thinking about trying 7 on my other hd.