Computer freezes up; restarts to Launch windows repair w/report

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by leis, Apr 18, 2012.

1. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    #1 leis, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
    Trouble with my computer that frequently freezes up and there's no way to either log off and shut down, kill any open windows by Alt F4 or control-alt-delete, etc....I pull power cord to shut off and upon restarting, the options are starting windows normally or launching windows repair (as recommended (of course)) and after the attempted repair, below is the current report that I wrote down exactly as it is, and after that I restarted with normal windows and got online without (so far) any stalls or freezing and here's the report if anyone can help and i appreciate your input or suggestions that might lead to a fix or at least, hopefully I can learn further to repair and would like more information about the so called 'problem signatures' and how this is created or what makes it result.

Problem EventName : StartupRepairOffiline
    Problem Signature 01: 0.0.0.0.
    Problem Signature 02: 0.0.0.0.
    Problem Signature 03: unknown
    Problem Signature 04: 0
    Problem Signature 05: unknown
    Problem Signautre 06: 1
    Problem Signature 07: unknown
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

:glare:

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Thanks hbhb. I followed the download links and instructions, tried the scan 3 times but to no avail. The results indicate that windows couldn't perform or complete the tests, (I don't remember the actual language, or that is, exact words of the box that came up after the lengthy tests, one was shorter than the other 2 or not as long).
    I also tried the sfc /scannow.... but it would insist to re-start computer and go in that way but it is the same circle of starting normally or going w/recommended launch.
    The stalls or the freezes (i'm finding) come after I've been online for maybe less than 30 mins. If I move around too much or do what I have always done, which now I'm not...that's watch a regular show that I subscribe to and read a couple of other sites updates to their news while watching or listening to program that plays through windows media player.
    I'm not even sure if a new installation of Windows 7 would be enough to try again or clear/clean my system (?).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Ok man, so I assumed you running windows 7, but what version you running? your computer specifications? how is the OS activated? did it come pre-installed and activated with your pc, or you installed?
    Anyway, just trying to make sure your copy is clean. Also, when did this problem start? did you install anything lately? does your pc have all updates ? anything that you notice when pc freezes, like a partucular program running? can you check you task mgr for any foreign prog that doesnt belong? check for viruses with your anti virus ?...
    The more info, the better the chances someone will nail it:D

4. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
  5. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Ok, let's get going w/details that I'll try to make brief but clear, hopefully :)
    1 thing is too noticeable; MW Bytes cannot be loaded or that is,
    upon updating Malware Bytes, something happened, a warning indicated an error, flash on screen, MBytes was gone. I tried to open and it from the downloads folder, where it is, but would not due to having an installation warning of some kind. Ok, I go back to get another MBytes from the official site, I downloaded and almost to the full installation, before it launches, "Acess denied" is what comes up and that's been now, 1 week and I could only download the latest windows update (yesterday) by trying one at a time out of the 3. Those were security updates to Microsoft Word 2007.
    My computer has Win. 7 Ultimate, a friend installed for me; I obtained loader (from here), and my computer: Biostar 740G m2+, 4 Gb Ram/Memory (G Skill are memory sticks); the computer's freezing up and I'll have to finish this later....

6. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    seems like win7 is corrupted, what anti--virus are you using? try and disable that completely and try and install some, do you have any encryption program going? prolly not.

Do you have a copy of win7? if so try and put it on a usb or dvd and see if you can repair your windows that way.

I will consider backing up the data in an external drive or D partition, and download a fresh version of win7 ultimate from MDL.

7. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Hi again,
    I went through the tests and no intgty. found!
    But when i went to file checker it came back with this:
    0x72497B25 required data wasn't placed in memory because of I/o error status
    0xc000000e

So, in getting back online, right now, that's as far as I am
    and I don't have a copy of windows 7 and would like to go
    ahead with downloading (as you said) from here. The deal is this, though, I'm not sure
    if computer's able to in the meantime while in the process(?).
    Would I go ahead and follow the instructions and I believe it starts with the uTorrent download, to expedite process?
    Well, if successful, I could put it on DVD, (right)?
    Sorry for all the basic questions.
    I have the AVG antivirus latest version 12 and no encryption program (that i know of....). That will sound a bit geek, but likely not since I'm not aware of what exactly that is.
    During the time of this typing, my computer's still functioning. I will proceed with looking up the error of the I/O and what i can find to repair (if possible). And as far as downloading, I'm not sure that even if I do uninstall temporary, AVG, to restore another copy if it will work due to the grief MWBytes gave. I think if all of this doesn't take, an outside source (I may have friend that can help out w/disc.) But the windows restore disc I made from your source or of your tutorial's excellent because I ran twice and it found no intergrity violations. So, that's in part, better than the 1st 2 tries.

Thanks and I'll be back. :ball2:

8. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Thank ya for your helpful hint and I'll look at this very tool as I am in the midst of still looking into the possible finding for a problem that has shown as an I/o error from scan now as I answered in hbhb's help.
    Hopefully I may be able to get it w/out having to go through the task of reinstallation.
    It's learning experience for sure!
    I appreciate the reply and attention! Makes you feel like sort of being rescued like in when my car was off the road (when i lived in midwest) and waited for possible tow after a hard snow....well, quite different. Anyway:) i better get started.

Thanks!

9. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Hi,
    I was able to run the file checker to get to 67% while ending w/some repairs but not all files. I attempted but failed to get the CBS log to at least write down possible files corrupted.
    The attempt to even download the AVG updates proved to freeze up and i unplugged power to computer.
    At this point, it does appear I'll need a disc set up to perform reinstallation. Though, until I get that completed, if so...I'm going continue searching for anything else i might do (from MDL) as far as possible remedies toward getting back the correct files, if even possible.

Just to check back or update is the purpose of my add-on to the reply :)

leis

10. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Dont hesitate dude, all here will help

11. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Thanks for the tutorial and supportive info. and alas, my computer's FINE!