Conexant High Definition Audio-Venice 5045

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by outcastc, Apr 7, 2010.

1. outcastc

outcastc MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2009
    hi i will install windows 7 x64 on notebook. i found every driver for it but there is no Conexant High Definition Audio-Venice 5045 x64 win 7 driver. is there anyone know where can i find this sound driver. or does windows include this card driver ? thanks

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    easy answer is just install windows 7 and see vista drivers may work also.

3. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    On a side question about drivers, after win 7 install, I have installed drivers for NVIDIA, realtek lan pci, and my monitor. Do I definitely need to also install intel drivers, or win 7 inbuilt drivers would have largely met the requirements. I have a MSI X58 motherboard with core i7 920. Somehow am apprehensive of installing intel drivers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Please again, can someone help/advise me on my query above in Post 3, esp. related to Intel drivers. Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Personally i would say use the Intel drivers. M$'s inbuilt drivers dont always cut the mustard.... im sure others will agree.

6. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    `Cut the mustard' with respect to which criteria-performance, stability, speed, etc?? For ordinary users like me, will MS inbuilt drivers do the job `adequately'?
    Sorry for hijacking the thread.

7. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    All of the above. MS in - built drivers can be a pain in the neck, if there are alternatives availiable, use them.