configuration process after activation help

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Canadian-Wolverine, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Canadian-Wolverine

Canadian-Wolverine MDL Junior Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Hey guys.
    So i got office 2013 from here, ran latest office toolkit all was wel, said activated and everything seemed good.
    couple of updates later every time i use any office app be it word or excel it goes into configuration process, does something then wants to reboot.
    office toolkit says something about no licence if i click check button.
    Help guys, what did i break and how do i fix it
    Many thanks
    C_W

2. Canadian-Wolverine

Feb 14, 2011
    anyone got a clue?

3. mabaega

mabaega MDL Senior Member

Dec 30, 2010
    I use MTK too, and no problem with activation and office configuration.
    try reinstalling your office, Disable your AV/Windows Defender, activate using latest MTK, and dont forget to Exclude AutoKMS (C:\Windows\system32\AutoKMS) from AV scanning before reenabling your AV.

4. Canadian-Wolverine

Feb 14, 2011
    thanks...gonna try that now.
    it did activate, looked at the account info and all was well till there was an update.
    so thie av on this lappy is windows defender and ms sec essentials. tell these to ignore kms?

5. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Exclude C:\Windows\AutoKMS\AutoKMS.exe, MSE definitly dislike the toolkit (apparently :cool2: ).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ITsimpleton

ITsimpleton MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2014
    Am experiencing the same problem. Removed office installation via MTK uninstaller, reboot, then re-install. Activate using MTK and all is well until log off and back on or reboot. Then Attempting to load an office app brings up the "Configuration" screen again. Have the following exclusions in my Avast: %WINDIR%\Temp\SppExtComObjHook.dll, %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\SppExtComObjHook.dll, C:\Windows\AutoKMS\AutoKMS.exe. Have seen this issue addressed elswhere on MDL where it was suggest a corrupt install, but as I said, deep uninstall and reinstall seems to be only a temporary fix. Any other suggestions?