Confused - need some advice

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Malc-C, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Malc-C

Malc-C MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2014
    First post so please be gentile !

I've been un-employed for some time now, but had the opportunity to self study the sbs 2001 standard with a view to taking the exam later. I've worked in the IT environment before, but mainly administering active directory and exchange for users etc, not so much on the setting up a server and configuring the OS.

Anyway, I picked up a Dell 1850 for £10.50 plus delivery from e-bay and downloaded the ISO for small business 2011 standard, and installed it on the server. The licence screen reports that it's XXXXX-OEM-7602076-02575 so I tried to activate using one of the keys found in a thread on this site that showed the same product code against it, only to get an evaluation failed error.

Sure I'm doing something wrong, I joined the forum and read through a few posts and if I read it right I should be able to use the loader to activate the software as part of the install ? - but then there are posts about server BIOS and some other application to read that and configure the key to that ??? - I'm confused.

Any chance someone can advise me of the procedure to install the ISO from Technet / MS download and sort out the activation when the COA sticker has been removed from the server.

Apologies if I've broke any rules -

Malcolm

2. Malc-C

Malc-C MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2014
    All sorted -

3. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    whatcha sort? :D

4. Malc-C

Malc-C MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2014
    Nout :D

Quick question, do these trial versions have the default 5 CALs ??