Confused with Program files folder ,Kindly help :(

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sekhr, Apr 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. sekhr

sekhr MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2015
    Hi

I have just installed win 7 ultimate 64 bit in my pc ,my pc configuration is core i3 fourth gen ,motherboard 4rth gen intel ,4 gb ram but then it doesn't show aero effect ,can someone suggest what to do .
    but then I got surprised by one thing ,what I found that my C drive posses two folders of programm files one normal and another having (x86) .As my copy is 64bit then how it has a programm file folder of x86?? when I tried to del that folder it said you don't have permission to del ,get permission from trustedinstaller ?? actually before of it I had another copy of ultimate which was perhaps not untouched ,so i want to know what to do further? how to delete it ?? thanks!

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. Soulfate

Soulfate MDL Member

Feb 14, 2011
    #3 Soulfate, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    A 64-Bit Windows can run 32-Bit programs.
    When you install a 32-Bit program, it is installed into "C:\Program Files (x86)" instead of "C:\Program Files".
    The "C:\Program Files" folder is reserved for 64-Bit programs.
    Do not delete this system folder.

TrustedInstaller is the "User Account Control" profile (UAC, the system that prompt you when you want to run a program that needs elevated privileges; when you run "as admin", for example).
    Everything in your system that is managed by TrustedInstaller shouldn't be deleted because it is a part of Windows.

Furthermore, native Windows files into "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)" are Hard Links of Windows components, stored into "C:\Windows\WinSxS". That means that deleting them WON'T free any disk space. So, keep these folders as they are.

4. sekhr

sekhr MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2015
    what video driver?
    when I tried to install intel graphic media accelerator ,it got failed :(

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    What video driver you need to give more details i,e, Computer model, or motherboard and gfx card e.c.t

6. sekhr

sekhr MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2015
    Sorry but you perhaps didn't notice that I have already told the details :
    its intel i3 4rth gen processor , intel fourth gen DH87MC board , 4 gb corsair venegence RAM with no graphic card ,using win 7 ultimate 64bit ,anything else ?

7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  8. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    for future reference, the above red bold part was the important part. There are many 4th generation boards, the one you have is important to help you. Seems Tito found your drivers.