Confused

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sketchy, Dec 20, 2009.

1. sketchy

sketchy MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2009
    Hello,

I got "my" Windows 7 Ultimate from (demoniod) and it says I have 2 days to activate it (well 1 now). This is the same version discussed in another thread on this forum "Windows 7 Ultimate Dell OEM - NOT Cracked" Can someone point me to a thread that can help me with activation? I see lots of info on what to do but I'm to the point of confusion, I have a Dell XPS M1530 and the OEM from that torrent.

Thanks in advance.

2. trolltamer2

trolltamer2 MDL Junior Member

Jun 5, 2007
    You will either need to mod you bios <if your are nor familiar with this use caution as you could end up with a new doorstop!> or use a loader, Daz's seems to work well on Dell's. If you go the bios mod route you can use Daz's loader to load the cert and key needed aswell.

Only very new Dell machines will have a slic 2.1 already in the bios, how old is your xps? If it came with Vista pre loaded it will have a slic2.0 so shoud be able to be modded.

3. sketchy

sketchy MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2009
    I bought it almost a year ago and yes it came with Vista Home 32 and 64 bit. Don't really want to make it a door stop though as I still got 2 years left on my full overage warranty, although the HDD I'm installing too is one from another lappy I have that has windows 7 home pre-installed.

4. trolltamer2

Jun 5, 2007
    #4 trolltamer2, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  5. sketchy

sketchy MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2009
    Hey, thanks a bunch, not sure what I'm going to do, read the thread on the soft approach but the rebellious side of me says go for it, guess I'll need to read some more or just go buy the damn M$ legit 7,.pisses me off though,.I paid for Vista and it's bunk,..now it feels as I'm being forced to switch,..anywhoo thanks again.

6. trolltamer2

Jun 5, 2007
    I've updated 10 bios's........ 9 OK and i bricked one........ lucky it was a cheapo mobo in a HP desktop I bricked and not my main PC or laptop..... so 10 x Win 7 ultimate for 50quid seems a fair deal lol. But i must admit ..... its a worrying time watching it boot afterwards lol. My son is using one of my old Dell's with Daz's loader and been working fine for months so as a stop gap...... its fine till it gets patched. but that will probably be SP1 so you'll have a good few months use out of it!

7. sketchy

sketchy MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2009
    I bricked PSP once,..lightening strike twice??? ARGH,...gonna have a few wobbley pops then flip a coin. Thanks again for your response, it helps.

8. sketchy

sketchy MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2009
    Wow,.thanks man,..went for the softer approach till things change,..but man,..that was so friggin easy. Appreciate your time and help.