Connect automatically doesn´t work on Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by ultimate_live, Oct 13, 2013.

1. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011
    #1 ultimate_live, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    Hi.
    I´m using Windows 8.1 RTM, but since Windows 8.1 Preview the option to connect automatically doesn´t exist anymore.
    I creat a new Broadband PPPOE internet connection, put my login and password and ready. Then I go to the properties of my connection, add a service, and then select the option to remember my credentials and connect to the internet for the first time manually.
    Works like a charm. But after restarting my computer, and login to my account (Administrator), Windows 8.1 doesn´t connect automatically. I need to connect manually. On Windows 7 and Windows 8 after login to my account, I got a pop up window like the image below, were I select the option to connect automatically, but since windows 8.1 Preview this option doesn´t exist anymore. On Windows 8.1 RTM the same thing.
    My internet is radio connection with a wireless antenna and a Ubitiqui Bullet on it. Can someone tell me why on Windows 8.1 the option of "connect automatically" was removed ?

b876.png

2. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011
    Need help...

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You could use an Macro Aps for to create an Macro Script which will run at startup machine or reboot. That should solve the problem.

You could use the free MarcroToolworks for that, just google for it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011
    But until now, I didn´t get any answer from microsoft, why they removed it ?
    I will search for it and try pisthai.thanks

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You're welcome.

May MS is very busy at this time to answer such question for an OS which isn't officially available yet to public?! They will also have all hand full do to answering the amount of question which will reach them at this and the next time.

Till now there isn't any sufficient automated system which could handle support in an fully automated way. That will maybe available to a couple or more years, maybe!

The above said, don't expect to get any answer from MS on that matter, if you not had got it immediately after asking!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011
    Hi.
    I found it and used the free version. But it seems no working with Windows 8.1. I installed, and starting for the 1º time, it froze my PC. Tried twice but the same problem. After uninstall, it f***** the Metro UI.
    It is not your fault, because I thought that it solve my problem, but doesn´t work. I restored my image with ATI 2014 Premium, and will wait for another way to make my internet connection automatically work. Thanks for your try.