Continuous failed installation of Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 SP1 x86

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by antpelliccia, Mar 23, 2011.

1. antpelliccia

antpelliccia MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2008
    Please I can't install Internet Explorer 9. Setup proceed until the program stops and tells that installation is incompleted. I have tried and tried many times always with the same end. At the beginning setup reveals various incompatible programs and tells that end these. Why setup aborts and what i can do?
    My operative system is Windows 7 sp1 italian x86.
    Thank you in advance.

2. antpelliccia

antpelliccia MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2008
    I have tried to install IE9 again and again but it is not possible and also Windows 7 SP1 + IE9 integrated installation dvd does not function. What is not correct?

3. antpelliccia

antpelliccia MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2008
    I have not yet solved question of unfinished installation of Internet Explorer 9. I have tried again and again many times but IE9 does not install on my Windows 7 SP1.Also i runned it as administator but result is the same.What must i yet try for solving yhe problem? My computer has all the prerequisites.
    Thank you in advance

4. kouroucoucou

kouroucoucou MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2011
    #5 kouroucoucou, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
    same here

my install is in french,
    everything do update but sp1 and ie9?
    any clue?
    could it be related to language pack?

ie8 is installed
    but I don't use it much anyway

5. thing50

thing50 MDL Novice

May 21, 2012
    I was pulling my hair out trying to install IE9 and had visited all the forums but kept reaching the same deadends. It wouldnt install in either windows update or if I downloaded the installer.
    What I did to install IE9 was this:
    Instead of downloading the version that is about 450kb in size (the one that downloads IE9) download the full package here:
    windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-9/worldwide-languages
    Go into windows safe mode and install it from there (you don't need networking).
    Simple as that but it worked for me...after a lot of frustration.