Convert wtv into dvr-ms in xp?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by kocoman, Dec 11, 2009.

1. kocoman

kocoman MDL Senior Member

May 16, 2007
    Convert wtv into dvr-ms in xp?

is its possible?

2. 2centsworth

2centsworth MDL Senior Member

Feb 12, 2008
    Yes using third party software, (most people don't want dvr-ms as the final format)......or....while it does not output the older DVR-MS....
    If you own a ATI HD3000 or HD4000 series video card, their video conversion app in catalyst control center converts WTV to many formats at amazing speeds under xp or Vista/win7. GPU based video conversion and it's fast. Only problem is the occasional artifact, but every revision improves and did I mention it's insanely fast!

Catalyst 9.11 convertes 44 min TV show @ 720x480 in about 5 min to h.264 or Mpeg4.

I get the same conversion speed from the $30 HD 3450 as I do the $100 HD4770.....go figure. CPU seems to make no difference either in conversion speed.

3. kocoman

May 16, 2007
    Wow I didn't know that.. but I only have the ATI HD2600... where can I find out if it will work or not

thanks

4. kocoman

May 16, 2007
  5. wellemily

wellemily MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2011
    Just google search Step by Step Guide on How to Convert WTV to Play WTV on Mac, Windows XP/Vista and Portable Devices like iPad, iPhone, PS3, Andriod, etc.

you will find a simple method to convert wtv to various video formats in smaller file size and high quality with the following guide

• Convert WTV to AVI or WTV to WMV to playback on Windows Media Player, Xbox 360, Microsoft Zune, Pocket PC, Dell Axim, HP iPaq, etc
    • Convert WTV to MP4 (MPEG-4) to playback on iPod, iPhone, Android Phone, Archos AV500, BlackBerry, Archos AV700, Archos Gmini402, iRiver PMP-100, Creative Zen, Vision, Zune and so on
    • Convert WTV to MPG (MPEG-1) to import to PowerPoint presentation for Windows or Mac
    • Convert WTV to MOV to import to QuickTime, iTunes, iMovie, Final Cut Pro and more
    • Convert WTV to MKV to playback HD on WDTV Media Player
    • Convert WTV to 3GPP to playback on Nokia and other mobile phone
    • Convert WTV to WebM, MPEG-2, DivX, Xvid , 3GP, FLV, F4V, ASF, H.264, RM, VP8, MOD, TOD, MTS, TS, 720p, 1080p, HD videos and more

6. virtuousbaby

virtuousbaby MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2011
    thanks for sharing, after google search, i really find a simple solution just as you said