convert xp embedded retail to oem

Discussion in 'Windows Embedded' started by coromonadalix, Jul 14, 2014.

1. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    hello
    Is it possible, i am trying to find on the web if it is possible.

I have put my hand on a VoomPc who was used in a taxi car, came with a BU353 usb gps, an a lilliput 7" screen.
    I did managed to stop the taxi software from starting by editing the voompc registry, the taxi software is asking for a password, and i don't have it.

I was trying to start explorer as the default shell, all i have is a blank desktop (no icons) and a mouse pointer who does nothing but move.

No crtl-del etc... no keyboard shorcuts can be executed.

I did managed to find and decode the OEM serial in the registry, the coa sticker is almost destroyed ...

I there a version of xp oem embedded ??? or is there a way to make a installation repair ??? i think the shell is incomplete.

thks

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. coromonadalix

Jul 21, 2009
    well it says the key is invalid in the Xp section ???

i have taken the "DigitalProductId"= section of the voompc registry and pasted it in a decoding software .... and a prime-expert website gave me the same thing ???

well may try an WFLP setup or and nlited xp setup ...

googling made me found an Microsoft Windows XP Embedded with Service Pack 2 retail torrent.
    Tried to find an setupp.ini file like to old days of xp ways to convert it, but no sucess.

4. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    wtf do you want to achieve?
    there is no oem or retail for xpe.

you seem to have no idea what wxpe is. this is okay but just want to let you know that is not a regular windows edition.

5. coromonadalix

Jul 21, 2009
    Im lost here ...

for knarz : i am trying to keep an original serial for the windows i'm trying to recover or reinstall, embedded or not / oem or retail etc ... legit, i know what embedded means, even if i have never played with thoses versions. The COA sticker is almost destroyed by the salt.

key tester gave me : xxxxx-940-0020714-06125

strange it seems to be an standard windows xp not an embedded one, but i see two instances of wndows embedded "boot images pop ups" while booting before the desktop goes totally blank.

but if i load the registry it gave me this instead :

"CurrentType"="Multiprocessor Free"
    "SoftwareType"="SYSTEM"
    "CurrentVersion"="5.1"
    "ProductName"="Microsoft Windows XP"
    "CurrentBuildNumber"="2600"
    "CurrentBuild"="1.511.1 () (Obsolete data - do not use)"
    "BuildLab"="2600.xpsp.080413-2111"
    "RegisteredOrganization"="OEM"
    "RegisteredOwner"="OEM"
    "CSDVersion"="Service Pack 3"
    "SystemRoot"="C:\\Windows"
    "ProductId"="82503-OEM-0094001-02071"

6. coromonadalix

Jul 21, 2009
    Im beginning to realize that i'll have to start from scratch, clone the drive, to keep the drivers if asked, and install an xp or a winflp ...

thanks

7. un user

un user MDL Member

Jun 16, 2013
    #9 un user, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    xxxxx-940-0020714-06125 = WINDOWS_EMBEDDED_STANDARD_2009

no need to hide xxxxx part, this is mpc or sku.

if you want to backup only drivers is enough to select only oemxx.inf and related files from system32 and drivers folders from your embedded pc.

8. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    winflp sounds the right choice (if you want to keep it small) - otherwise: yes, use regular winxp. you make do something with nlite if needed. This is the best option to avoid complicated xpe/wes2009 stuff.
    many use double driver to backup drivers.

9. coromonadalix

Jul 21, 2009
    i still don't know any Xp embedded oem versions ... the one found are torrent retail ones, i will go with an winflp version to keep it small as possible, i have a disk on module of 4gig plugged in the voompc.

thank @ll for your help

10. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    right decision.

4gb? priceless...
    256MB is challenging. ;)