Copy Genuine Windows 7 DVD to blank DVD and activate?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Ant59, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Ant59

Ant59 MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2011
    Since this is the only forum I've found where anyone seems to talk much sense about Windows 7 loaders etc, I was wondering if someone here may be able to help me. I apologise if this is a nooby question, but I simply cannot find a decent answer anywhere and I've spent the past 2 hours trawling google and turning up nothing.

I have a genuine Windows 7 Professional retail disk. My friend has just bought a new computer. Obviously, I'm using the key that came with the genuine copy, but would it be possible to copy my genuine disk to a blank DVD, then install that to his computer, then use Windows Loader to activate it without it affecting my genuinely activated installation? If I try doing this would it deactivate my install or not?

Thanks in advance for any help with this! :)

2. tomah

tomah MDL Senior Member

Sep 25, 2010
    The best loader talk comes from here since this is where the loader comes from.

Anyways, installing from your CD should have no impact on your system as your genuine key is not tied to your CD.

The loader should be able to activate it just fine on your friend's PC.

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    No as long as you use the loader on your friends computer you will be ok.

4. Ant59

Ant59 MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2011
    Awesome. Thank you very much for the quick replies :) I'll just install it straight on his machine with my disk and use loader then :)

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  6. evlad

evlad MDL Member

May 23, 2011
    use imgburn to copy genuine dvd (write disk to image, then image to disk) you have legal right to make backup copy ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ acrsn, I would say almost all New Computers nowadays will handle a 64 bit system.

8. Ant59

Ant59 MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2011
    On the contrary, it really is that simple, and I proved it by doing it. As for the computer, why didn't it come with an OS? Because I just finished building it when I started this thread. I'm sure it's more than capable of 64-bit with it's quad core i7 sandy bridge 3.4GHz CPU ;) It needs 64-bit to enable full use of it's 8GB RAM, and by now I think you'd be pushed to find a computer built in the last five years that won't run 64-bit software. I only asked about the actualy loader and activation stuff since I live on Linux and all this Microsoft activation thingy is alien to me. Thanks for the concern and reply, but it's under control :)

9. Ant59

Ant59 MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2011
    Admittedly, I should have written more in my OP. Thank you very much though :) I can see what you mean by just looking at the other threads in this forum :p I do really like this community already though. Might stick around and see what else goes on here :D

10. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    Ohhhh how sweet two friends found each other,this is so heartbreaking.
    Yeah ant here it is great and nice people always help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. chompi

chompi MDL Member

Nov 17, 2010
    about windows 7

i am looking for a site to download windows 7 ultimate 32 bits. i have to install again because after that update is no genuine. i know my serial number is ok. my copy of 7 maybe is bad, because i remove that little file efcg. y somebody know where to download a good copy of windows 7 ultimate, 32 bits, 7600 i will give you a big thanks.

12. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011