Copy of windows 7 is not genuine

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mani2020, Nov 10, 2012.

1. mani2020

mani2020 MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2012
    #1 mani2020, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
    ok i have this window 7 ultimate installed on my hp laptop for about 8 months or so suddenly today i had a message posted on my extreme bottom right of the dekstop in white font saying "the copy of window is not genuine"

but as soon as i opened my system properties the message disappeared and in my system properties i am still having this "windows is activated" and nothing about not genuine . its been 25 minutes approx since that message disappeared and it hasnt re-appeared

what was that?

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    likely the HP DMI issue ive seen . updated bios ? checked to make sure u have the latest hp assistant update ?

3. mani2020

mani2020 MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2012
    No i havent updated BIOS , last time i updated Bios was some 4-5 months ago , I have the same hp support assistant running as i had when i got the machine .

On a separate node i havent even updated anything form microsoft windows update for around 1.5 months now the only thing i updated was a windows media player extension for google chrome today

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    cright click C: and goto properties.. Tools tab. click Check now leave automatically fix filesystem error and click start.. click yes to schedule on restart..

restart pc and let it check files.

5. mani2020

mani2020 MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2012
    #5 mani2020, Nov 10, 2012
    (OP)
    I have done what you said and it says "0 damaged files"
    i think it was just a glitch because i am not receiving any such message after the initial one its been an hour or so also my system properties says "windows activated" , many people with genuine windows have reported such glitches in past n i think its same for me, wht do you say

also it was just a case of simple text in white font and no pop-ups, water marks, error codes or screen blackout as is the case normally

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #7 LatinMcG, Nov 10, 2012
    yes i had similar glitch and i think its the service for WAT taking long to load.

edit: i just got the warning myself. i think MS is up to something... same thing i cancelled and it doesnt show black background. weird

7. mani2020

mani2020 MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2012
    Thanks for coming to rescue but i am not recieving any such messages now so i think i should stay back a bit and wait if any such thing happens again then i will try your solution and if not i dont think there is any need for any hectic stuff (as i am completely naive when it comes to such things so hectic for me) last time i tried to run the loader and i almost screwed up my spanking machine ...although i followed all the required instructions but something bad happened to the machine and the screen started blinking while the OS was completely lost and i had to do a fresh installation

8. mani2020

mani2020 MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2012
    #9 mani2020, Nov 10, 2012
    (OP)
    MS sometimes totally screw ups ,i dont know what microsoft tech staff is upto , because of these glitches the legitimate users are also suffering..btw you might be right with the "service for WAT taking long to load" because sometime i also face the problem of gadgets taking too long to load and even sometime they dont show up but still totally clueless like many others

I know a guy who was a legitimate user and was suffering from a unique problem , he was getting the massage of "not genuine" everytime he used to reboot his system and everytime he had to use his windows key to activate the windows

at your issue with warning you just got , i think its similar to what i got a hour back , may be microsoft is injecting some kind of new application/auto update to launch their anti-piracy campaign or something being tested

9. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #10 LatinMcG, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
    yea i have Gigabyte slic and was using old key, new daz windows loader 2.1.7 changed key.. so i think im ok now.
    if more isuses i switch slic to dell.

by the way the daz loader installs cert and key only not bootloader if the pc has slic 2.1 detected.. so it should be safe for u.