Copy wii games for Back up

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Thanos_The_Mad_Titans, May 4, 2010.

1. Thanos_The_Mad_Titans

Nov 22, 2009
    I bought Wii Nintendo games,

I need to know how to Back up copy for Wii games? cuz I have 3 little kids might have accident all games disc.. each game is expensive! lol

is MDL have post about how to create back up copy for wii?

is DVDFAB program have back up for wii?

thanks!
    Magnus

2. heffe2001

heffe2001 MDL Novice

May 8, 2007
    Go to WiiHacks.com, and read up on Homebrew & usb loaders, as well as modchips for the Wii. If it's a newer system tho, modchips don't work on the internal drive, so you're only choice is homebrew/usb loaders (or drive replacement).

3. Thanos_The_Mad_Titans

Nov 22, 2009
    thanks for respond...

i look up google and learn about homebrew, usbloader and modchip... what is your suggest to use? i think, homebrew good choice ? it's cost $29.99... and also, where can i get usbloader? i m just confused wiihack forum and cannot find it... thanks

4. _AmbusH_

_AmbusH_ MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2009
    #4 _AmbusH_, May 4, 2010
    Last edited: May 4, 2010
    Most DVD readers won't be able to read the discs, there are 1-2 (maybe a couple more) models that can read and backup Wii discs to a PC. The best way (IMO) is to use a USB Loader with an external harddrive plugged into the Wii. You can run a homebrew software to backup your Wii discs to the USB device and play the games directly from there.

Pros:
    Much faster loading times
    No need to burn DVDs

Cons:
    Need to buy a USB harddrive for this (or use an old one)
    Might not work on newer Wiis

Like heffe2001 said.. go to Wiihacks and read up..

edit: I did not pay 1 cent for anything to mod my Wii.. the only thing you might have to pay for is a USB harddrive. If you need to pay for software, you are using the wrong software.

To be able to play backups and use homebrew software: look for Softmod
    USB loader I currently use: CFG USB Loader

5. Thanos_The_Mad_Titans

Nov 22, 2009
    thank for respond...

i m noob for wii back up copy lol...not PC

i see wiiihack forum and there many post... i just want to simple guide how to back up, etc... maybe you give me link which forum post?

usbloader is software or hardware?

thanks

6. Thanos_The_Mad_Titans

Nov 22, 2009
    i see wiihack... usbloader verison 1.5 is that what you talk about?

thanks

7. _AmbusH_

_AmbusH_ MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2009
    USB Loader is software.

You first need to find out if your Wii is able to be soft-modded based on serial number... Google is your friend here (Softmod is a software method of "mod-chipping" your Wii)

Look on Youtube for videos on how to Soft-mod your Wii and install a USB loader (I use CFG USB Loader but there are others)

Quick Google and Youtube searches on what I am telling you will get you a lot more info than I can give you here in a few posts.

8. Thanos_The_Mad_Titans

Nov 22, 2009
    wow... that very information and thank you...

i will back forum later...i have things to do around my home...

pls, explain simple and tell me what i do to with usbloader 1.5... use PC to mod into wii ?

thanks,

Magnus

ttyl :)

9. Thanos_The_Mad_Titans

Nov 22, 2009
    anyone know if i use USB 16GB flash and will it work? no need USB External Hard Drive ?

thanks

10. rodriget25

rodriget25 MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2010
    Good post. I appreciate it
    thank you for sharing

11. zolookas

zolookas MDL Junior Member

May 13, 2007
    Don't know. I don't have wii, but I can't think about any reason why you should not be able to.

12. Error_801

Error_801 MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    check first which version of the wii if it the latest version or black version you will have trouble playing back up game's
    You will need a flash card to softmod your wii you have to format the card to FAT32 before using it in a wii or else the wii wont detect it
    i dont think a 16gb flashcard will work on a wii i maybe wrong wot you need is a 2GB Scandisk card (recommended) for softmodding you wii and a lot of reading to :)

13. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    #15 armada, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
    4.2 which is the newest version can play back ups just fine. pm sent to you...i do these ALL the time

sent you a full write up i did for another forum im just not sure if its allowed to be posted here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. fdjc

fdjc MDL Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Can ya pm me it please?

15. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007

pm sent.. enjoy..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. DISORIENTER

DISORIENTER MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    #18 DISORIENTER, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
    could you please pm me the info too?

17. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    sure will send when i get home.. im on the road right now..

18. brainwave

brainwave MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    I am interested also can you send it to me also.

Thanks in advance.