CoreSingleLanguage image

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Arekusei, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Arekusei

Arekusei MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    Hi everyone!

I bought Asus UX32vd and it comes with Win8 Core Single Language. Now I want to upgrade it to SSD and do a clean install of Win8. However the system does not accept any MSDN iso - "the key does not match blahblahblah".

Does anyone know where I can find the Single Language image (preferably in English)? Can I just somehow turn a retail Core one into the one I need? Thanks in advance!

P.S. I want to do a CLEAN install, so recovery partition is not an option.

Best regards.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. Arekusei

Arekusei MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    Already seen that thread. The problem is setup is not even letting me install anything - I click "Install", it shows the message about the key (I am not even given the chance to put, stup just checks the embedded key) and that's it. So I need to make it think I am using the CoreSingleLanguage image or get the image itself.

I found this HRM_CSLA_X64FREO_RU-RU_DV5.ISO (I can't post links to torrents if I am not mistaken, but it can be googled), it's a single language (Russian) license for developing countries. But I am a bit confused - it contains only a .txt file and a [BOOT] folder.

4. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    #4 Shenj, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Arekusei

Arekusei MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    Thanks! Recovery image will be my last resort since Asus decided to put its bloatware there. And Asus software is the main reason I want to do a clean install.
    About recovery media...My OEM is Asus so I doubt they even have it. So far I couldn't find it on their website and support was useless. They don't even know that their own software (Asus Smart Gesture) constantly keeps the laptop's processor at 100% =)

6. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Download what you already posted > HRM_CSLA_X64FREO_RU-RU_DV5.ISO and get the en-US language pack for w8 as .cab, then you remove the Ru-ru language pack, add the en-us language pack and it should be a clean singlecore intall in english too, not tested though, but you can try it, if this is image is really a clean one then it will work, but it's definitely SingleCoreLanguage, the right one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. harrismail

harrismail MDL Member

Mar 28, 2010
    I've just bought an Acer V3 laptop here in the UK and it had Windows 8 Core - which meant I could easily use the MSDN ISO if necessary.

Does this mean OEM's put different versions of Win 8 into their laptops depending on what country they are sold in?

8. Arekusei

Arekusei MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    Those images are Retail ones, already tried them, setup complains about how the embedded key does not match the image.

to Shenj

Another question - how do I turn HRM_CSLA_X64FREO_RU-RU_DV5.ISO into a bootable USB drive? Its internal structure differs from normal SKUs (like the ones in the above quote), this one has only 1 folder inside - [BOOT], and inside that is 1 file - Bootable_NoEmulation.img Once I download something like Daemon Tools I'll mount the .img and post its contents.

P.S. Win7 USB tool does not recognize this .iso

9. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    #10 Shenj, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  10. Arekusei

Arekusei MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    Yep, this ISO works. Made a UEFI usb drive, installed it without a hitch. So now we have a working official CoreSingleLanguage SKU. It's in Russian (it's not a problem for me), but I guess someone will be able to turn it into English.
    Also I believe OEM SLs can be bought at

allsoft DOT ru SLASH software SLASH vendors SLASH microsoft SLASH microsoft-windows-8-oem SLASH (can't post links yet)

it's licence + obligatory installation kit (I believe it is just a DVD that we already have), but they sell it in English by request

11. harrismail

harrismail MDL Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Well the challenge is now on for who can be the first to create a working English CoreSingleLanguage ISO

It'll really help me create a "ready to go image" for customers laptops that need it - I for one can't wait..:)

12. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    If you replace/add the spp (or at least the sku folder) folder from the recovery to a retail sku. I'm pretty sure the SingleCoreKey get accepted.

the pkeyconfig.xrm-ms file contains singlecorelanguage key functions, but obviously not the matching sku license (xrm file).
    If you put this into placewindows recognize the license and will install (not tested but pretty sure)

13. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Yah.. me too.

Basically it will be a frankenbuild but it is enough for those who have already installed CORE.

14. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    afaik the only difference is the running license, therefore it's maybe called by some of you 'frankenbuild' but I would say it's more a workaround.

15. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    have you tried this... method...
    if not this method to your likeness try this:

16. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    #17 Shenj, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  17. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
  18. harrismail

harrismail MDL Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Does this mean there's a working English CoreSingleLanguage ISO out there?

19. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Not sure, but you can download the Russian one and either install it directly and apply language pack or mount the install.wim, remove the russian lang pack and add the english one..

Or just use the files i posted on a Core Install, i think you only need the pdkey and .xrm files, then you run /rilc and install the CSLA key, stop spp, delete token, run spp then you can apply updates, but i still didnt test it so you would have to try it yourself, i have a xdelta to add english CSLA to the x64 retail iso, but it's 300mb which is a bit to big to upload for me :p