Corrupt bios HP Envy Ultrabook 6-1090eo

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by volvo245r, Jan 3, 2013.

1. volvo245r

volvo245r MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    Hi! I am new to the forum and have some problems with my notebook.
    The system freezed and I rebooted the computer and now caps-lock blink twice. The screen is totaly black and i can't do anything. I have read a lot on the net for a solution, but nothing has helped yet. I have installed the HP UEFI Support Environment to several memorysticks such as kingston 1gig memory and placed the bios file (01894.bin) in bios\current. I've also put it in the root and everywhere else but nothing. My question is what should i name the .bin fie? In the platform.ini file it says:

[Platform_Check]
    Flag=3
    PlatformName1=AA
    PlatformName2=BB
    I have tried alot of names, ex: (both upper/lowerlower case) 0489.bin aa.bin bb.bin and also changes the file ending to .fd.

I have not the original partion on my hard drive so i can't restore from there. I ordered a restore usb from HP, but it's going to take som time for it to arrive.

Andy's tool (phoenixtool) can't open this bios file, so I can't decrypt the bios file to search for some string containing the file name.

The pc searches on the usb drive, but only for a couple of seconds and then the caps-lock starts to blink.
    BIOS I want update to: softpack/sp59551.exe (Version F.16)
    I think it's the previous version on the BIOS now.

Really hope you guys can help me out!

Sorry for my bad English and thanks in advance!

Best regards, Linus

2. volvo245r

volvo245r MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    Thank you for your reply! I have tried that but nothing happens, it reads the usb stick for a while, then it starts to blink againg.
    I have been reading almost evey page of that thread but i can't figure it out :/ I can't understand why it's not loading the file from any usb memory.

Another problem is when I am trying to load any of the avalible bios file for my computer with Andy's tool it just saying Not Phoenix/Dell/Insyde/EFI BIOS.

It seems that's there are only two bios avalible for my pc. If I load the bin file from sp57337.exe which is for ENVY 4 and ENVY 6 I could open it with Andy's tool and generate a .sig and .dec file, but I am not sure if this bios will work on my computer.

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    no it has to be same filename.bin.dec or it wont boot.

4. volvo245r

volvo245r MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    I have now sucsessfully recovered my BIOS. I used the sp57337.exe and generated a .SIG and .DEC file with Andy's tool. I loaded the generated file on to \BIOS\Current and \BIOS\Previous and used Windows key + B to load the file from my USB stick. After this I updated the BIOS to the latest version.

Thanks for your help anyway! :)

5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011