Cost to replace display on Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5302

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by coast123, Jul 31, 2015.

1. coast123

coast123 MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2011
    #1 coast123, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    NOTE: TO SEE LINKS SIMPLY REMOVE THE SPACES BETWEEN THE WORDS/LETTERS/& OR NUMBERS THEN SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE INTO BROWSER

I have a Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5302 with an AMD-Radeon HD 6310 Graphics card and AMD E-300 Processing APU, onboard integrated , integrated, Realtek RTL8188CE, Crucial SSD MX100, 128 GB, 10 GB of Ram, and Windows 8.1 Installed on it. I have been able to use the main laptop display or the on board laptop display until just this january when it just stopped working, interesting, I never dropped it and never had any accidents with it as I baby it, so I can't figure out whats going on. As for the SSD and Ram, I put those in my self and Installed Windows 8.1 by my self as I am quite computer understanding, I am building a computer but on to the laptop. I noticed it would constantly Flicker and then quit. I thought, first Clean it, so I cleaned it and did the normal compressed air and the computer cleaning solutions which you can get from Best Buy or in my case from Radio Shack. So I have all it cleaned and found much dust in it and cleaned it out, just got the SSD for christmas so that's new and the ram is 3 years old now. But the display would constantly go out or flicker like there was an issue with power. So I talked to my friend who also builds and fixes computers he used to work for Kraft foods and was hired to go around the world fixing Krafts computers as an Network and Computer Deployment Administrator, now he works in RockWell in Wisconsin. He is very well with computers and I refer to him as a mentor in computers and other things as well. I brought the computer to him to have him look at it and simply stated the A/C D/C power jack for the computer was bad, and I could get a part from Amazon for about 20 dollars so I did that it worked, well sort of, I was able to get the power issue fixed with it constantly rejecting the power cord which I bought brand new from best buy. So then I noticed I had to give up on the power issue, it was fixed there was somthing else going on inside the motherboard. I found that the display wire and the web cam wire were somehow frayed and sort of stripped so I removed the two to prevent any damage if any hadn't occured already. I have been using a external display or in simple english terms a display monitor (VGA) montor, as listed below http :// www. amazon. com/ ViewSonic- VA192 6w-19-inc h-Wide-Mon itor/dp/B0 00UHK 30K

I have also looked into using an iPad I have as an external display that I can use, WITHOUT WIFI and Found a 10 dollar app on iTunes that actually was worth the 10 dollars it's called TwomonUSB and can be found below.

htt p: // devguru .co .kr/easy nlight -en/produ cts/twomon usb-en/

Payed the 10 dollars on iTunes which actually is the best app and doesn't require wifi just a iPad usb charging cable and the latest version iTunes installed. I am glad I payed it because all the others out there on the appstore require wifi, and many of my relatives do not have WiFi or WiFi that would have enough bandwidth to be able to use other apps, So it was well worth paying for Twomonusb as it just requires a direct connection to the laptop, no wifi, and no streaming a plus. But I am not here to promote I WILL GET DOWN TO POINT it drains my iPad's battery which hate constantly having to charge it like crazy and I wish I could just get a wire that works for it, the internal system LCD works it's just the [censored] wires that are frayed. I don't need a full replacement kit just the wires that allow for connection to the motherboard from the display to main-board/motherboard NOT THE LCD. THAT"S ALL NO NEED FOR LCD THAT WORKS JUST WIRES to connect the on-board display to motherboard.. I have tested the display LCD for power it's levels work right as they should its the wires that cause issues. I have heard replacing the display costs more than the laptop its self. :mad:But what about JUST THE WIRES NOTHING EXTRA NO LCD JUST THE WIRES. For the Power AC/DC was just 20 $ replacement considering the laptops definatly out of warrenty and they no longer make replacements except for NewEgg and Amazon which actually sell parts for quite cheap a bonus for me. Toshiba sells the same power replacement for 80 Dollars that just overprice and way to much but the prices are very much lower from amazon and even more so from Newegg. How much $ would I have to spend. I live in the US in Wisconsin. So prices will be in $ currency not in pounds or other forms just dollars, US (American) dollars that is. Hope it's not much. For the power replacement I had my friend help me, and he sent me this video,

http s: // www .you tube. co m/wa tch?v =crjltQ 1Wm8s

That's Fixed Now the display WIRES NOT LCD.

Any help
    NO NEED TO LINK TUTORIALS OR LINKS OR RESEARCH I CAN DO THAT JUST AN ESTIMATE HOW MUCH A WIRE TO MAIN BOARD/MOTHERBOARD NO LCD JUST WIRE

AND TRUE OR FALSE ON DISPLAY COSTING MORE THAN LAPTOP.

I attached a video of me showing the wires in video NO AUDIO/+Edited for slow motion so you can see the wire and see very close detail of the wire.

**ALSO**NOTE** I actually DID take out the webcam wires which are separate I know that sounds like something very stupid to do, I have NEVER USED THE WEBCAM + IT TAKES TOO MUCH BATTERY+NO-OPTION-TO-DISABLE WEBCAM IN BIOS. So I removed the webcam which is SEPARATE from the wires shown in the video the WIRE and LEADS in VIDEO are JUST THE DISPLAY WIRES NOT WEBCAM.

https : / /youtu. be/hpOo zECrFp M

2. coast123

coast123 MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2011
    Anyone?:aerobueke:

3. coast123

coast123 MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2011
    Hi, anyone there? I would love to be able to know how much cost it even if it's just an estimate to a would be replacement of the wires on the display not the LCD on my toshiba satellite C655D-S5302. Hoping anyone is around that has expertise on the laptop and where the best sites would be to buy the replacement wires. Amazon or Newegg or the Toshiba support It's out of warranty so I can't get it replaced had the laptop for about 3 years. Would love to know thanks even just a hint on what to do Buying a new laptop is definitely out of my abilities right now. Any help is greatly apprciated and much thankful for anything.

4. myclock

myclock MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2013
    laptopscreen.com have good variety and all displays are new with 3 years warranty as far as I checked