Could a BIOS Mod solve these problems?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Devilman1, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Devilman1

Devilman1 MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2010
    I have many resource conflicts in my PC and I wanted to know if it's possible to solve them modifying the BIOS and how.
    I have a Master2 FAR7 main board, a bad board with many problem, with 2 Opteron 275 and 2 Gbyte RAM.
    After discovering that the onboard SATA controller (VT8237R) doesn't work at all with SATA2 HD I decided to buy a Promise TX2 Plus PCI SATA controller. I put it in PCI Slot 4, but it wasn't seen during boot and only sometimes while windows was running but in that case the Network stopped working and the system freeze if I tried to use the LAN; it was a resource conflict.
    I put the card in the PCI Slot 2 and now the card was seen during boot, but if I tried to move or copying files from the HD connected to the onboard SATA controller and that on the add-on card the system freeze, this never happened after connecting both card to the add-on card and disabling the onboard SATA controller within the BIOS, another resource conflict.
    Now I discovered that the PCI graphic card (graphic card above ATI HD3850 have no video) share the same IRQ with the front USB panel in fact if I connect to them an USb HD the system hang, but this doesn't happen if I connect the USB HD to the posterior USB port.

Is it possible to mod the BIOS to avoid these conflict?

TIA