could i ask one stupid question please ? !

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kmr1685, Mar 30, 2010.

1. kmr1685

kmr1685 MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2009
    #1 kmr1685, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
    i am using legitimate win 7 ultimate x32 bit OEM edition which came pre installed with my pc. and i installed all updates upto today:dots:. my question is when i am surfing for more than 2 hours my pc got 100% cpu usage:jawdrop: when i check my task manager one process called system:confused: is running and using more than 80% cpu resources and description says windows nt kernel if i kill that process then also it is running in background for more than 15 minutes. in that meantime everything in my desktop flicks and hangs as well as i can't use my computer for that particular time i have to leave my pc idle:ranting:. after 15 minutes or so everything backs to normal:weeping:. my biggest surprise is i am only seeing these thing o_Oor this thing is common. so please anybody can clarify my doubt please. :confused: :weeping:

Attached Files:

2. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Maybe you have virus dude. Try using malwarebytes and I suggest avira free for keeping clean pc wise...lol

3. kmr1685

kmr1685 MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2009
    sorry to say this dude i purchased this pc 25 days before only and before communication to the internet i just install dr.web antivirus and outpost security suite as well as both are enabled realtime scanning along with MBAM as on demand scan. and lastly i scanned with everything i installed AV, AM, OSS, and also with windows defender found nothing. clean pc. and i like to know there is any process running in your pc called system. for reference i attached one photo highlighting that process for clarification. so please check it out and say. thanks for your kind reply.

4. ioftro

ioftro MDL Junior Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Correct me if I'm wrong... are you using 2 anti-virus progs running in real time at the same time? Dr Web and Outpost Security Suite(with anti-virus) ? If that is the case, a conflict is a posibility...

5. ludow

ludow MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2009
    Must be Dr Web or Outpost. Try uninstalling Outpost first. Then Dr Web.

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Is there something wrong with you this guy has a legitimate copy of windows forget the daz loader he should have recovery partition/dvd or OEM SLP dvd.

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    System windows NT Kernel and System running is normal but it is only 40k on my machine that is obviously down to proccesses running on machine that will vary. I would say you have virus or malware.

8. RedSpider

RedSpider MDL Junior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    I agree with ioftro. You need to get rid of one of your anti-virus programs. No one recommand's using two anti-virus programs together. You think you have problems now wait till your computer locks up and you can't even log on. Outpost is a highly rated firewall. I would lose Dr. Web fast.

Outpost Security Suite:
    Advanced firewall for secure connections
    Combined antivirus and antispyware for all-in-one malware defense
    Host protection to block zero-day threats
    Web control to protect your PC from web-borne threats
    Antispam to automatically keep your inbox junk-free

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. kmr1685

kmr1685 MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2009
    thanks for all of your suggestion and i am not installed and running 2 realtime antivirus in my pc. outpost just a firewall only no other av components installed. ok my bad time let me see myself solving the problem. problem not solved wipe the hdd and install linux ( best option i have right now) ;)

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    install linix i wouldn't think so i would restore machine to factory state if you have a recovery partition or dvd, if you are still having problems take it back to shop it's only 25 days old.

11. t0mn8r

t0mn8r MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    I see 3 processes (i.e. spiderguard) which are probably AV related (though I am not familiar with the ones you are using). I agree with some of my other valuable team members that I would uninstall the AV programs first as they are known to spike CPU usage.

HTH

12. Manofry

Manofry MDL Novice

Mar 31, 2010
    Hardware

I had a problem I couldn't find the answer for, about a year ago. My notebook's battery was old and starting acting up. One of my processors went 100%, the other stayed at normal levels. It took me a minute or so just to type my password. Took the battery off. No problem whatsoever. Maybe you have a hardware issue. IMHO you should try running a Live Windows or Linux and see if the problem remains. :)

13. ioftro

ioftro MDL Junior Member

Sep 9, 2009
    urie is right. Take it back to shop, linux is not the solution. You paid good money for that computer and it's only 25 days old or so ...

Like urie said, restore it to factory state, do not install anything else and observe its performance. If it behaves properly then proceed installing the other softwares one at a time. Diagnose it systematically and then if it fails the solution is to send it back to manufacturer. I use linux too but it's not the solution here. Good luck.

14. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    I would recommend to update ur system drivers. If that does not help take it back to the shop as urie said.