Could someone tell me which version of windows 7 do I need?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by noone.1, Sep 20, 2015.

1. noone.1

noone.1 MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2012
    #1 noone.1, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    Hello everyone,

I would ask you some advice, and possibly some link ;)

I just give few details first, so you can help me:

My computer died, rip, (I know it's very sad..) but hopefully someone helped me out with an old computer (it's an old NEC, motherboard is MS-7069) but it's ok for my needs. Originally it had win XP Pro (OEM?) and has been upgraded to win 7 Pro OEM with DAZ Loader for what I understand (or Remove WAT, don't know and neither don't know how it works too, just found the files on the disk) because Seven was not supported by the manufacturer (or because the guy wanted to play!). For what I can see the key from the stick on the computer is not the same as the one I'm currently using (which contains 'OEM' in it)

Anyway, the fact is that I have neither a win7 dvd nor a compatible manufacturer's recovery partition (even don't know if there is one), so I feel a little ...worried.

Thus, I'm looking for a win7 pro iso, don't know if it has to be 'OEM' and, in french. On MDL, I found the two following files that are nearly suiting what I'm looking for (didn't found trusted files with google) :

fr_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x86_dvd_u_677434 - size is 2.0Go
    en_windows_7_professional_with_sp1_x86_dvd_u_677056 - size is 2.39Go

But I think I should need a version like :
    fr_windows_7_professional_with_sp1_x86_dvd_u_??.iso (or X15-65810.iso I think)

Apparently, home/pro/ultimate doesn't matter if one delete the file ei.cfg and burn the iso, am I right? But for the language I don't know.

So, could you give me some advices, a priori the first file should match (except it's on usercloud and I will need 36h to dl it with my connection...), but will it be ok in case of repair for an OEM computer or could someone provide me with a link to the version that I need?

Thank you for reading,

2. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. noone.1

noone.1 MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2012
    ok,
    thank you

4. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. noone.1

noone.1 MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2012
    #6 noone.1, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    (OP)
    So you mean I can repair/recover my win7 pro oem with any win7 dvd?

I don't intend to reinstall since all is ok, but noone knows , should I not use an oem version? But for what I read they are no longer downloadable, perhaps is there a way to make one that fits my config?

Thank you, I saw it but there is no seed; but it's ok, I finally downloaded a win7 ultimate fr iso (from bjorn96 I think, not sure to remember) and yes, I tried the ei.cfg Removal Utility so I think I'm ok to burn the dvd now. Now, I just am not sure if I have to add something to fit the oem bios or not, and how (MDL cover almost everything but starting nearly from zero is a bit rough, plus the language barrier)

Nice! I didn't knew about it and I was beginning to recover a lp.cab file in case, and planned to follow some tutos but finally the ei.cfg trick seems more direct since I found the good iso, but I will take a look and dl it, it can be usefull. Thank you.

6. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    @noone.1

...at last can save you from downloading all iso's ;)