Could someone upload the EFI folder from a Win10 UEFI install?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Deleted member 222776, May 25, 2017.

Hello! I'm building myself a bootable USB and want to test VHD boot under bootmgr of windows 10. The boot and efi folders from the DVD are the same with the ones from a real install and I need the efi folder from a real uefi setup. Could someone upload the EFI folder from a UEFI install along with bootmgr and bootmgr.efi? I'd prefer this to be from a LTSB release.
    Thank you!

1. digital john

digital john MDL Senior Member

Mar 30, 2008
    download a new version windows

2. Perhaps I need to clarify here: the contents of a DVD is not the same with the contents of an installed OS. The boot and efi folders differ in content. And they cannot be found anywhere on the disk except on an already installed OS. Which is what I have requested.

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Install windows in a VM set to EFI and you can collect all the files you need.

4. atgpud2003

atgpud2003 MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2015
    Or look in the ISO Windows 10, and there folder called ..\EFI folder. Make yourself simple is tell VM to setup as EFI then it will detected from ISO image and will add all of need EFI files to VM HDD. This should be straight forward..

5. I am well aware that I can do it manually, and I already copied them from a virtual machine. But as written in the first post, I needed the files not suggestions.
    Nevermind, i'm done.

6. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    People are a bit carefull with sharing these days on MDL don't take it personal it is because of the "new" rules

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    New rules about sharing?

8. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    There are requests & then there are plain silly requests (guess which one was that one?)

9. MrChris

MrChris MDL Addicted

Jun 23, 2007
    wow. just wow. I thought natural selection took care of most of those kind of people. guess a few slipped through the cracks and made there way to mdl forums. ;)

10. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    :D:D:D:D
    New rule! what new rule? damn always new rules ......

11. I am also unaware of any new rules regarding sharing, if there is i am sure a mod out there will soon enlighten me. What i do know is that so called natural selection or not, if anyone and i mean anyone needs my advice or help and i can help them then i`m there to do my best for them after all that's really what MDL is about. Helping people in need!

12. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    What I meant is that for an Year or so it is not allowed to share onofficial iso's etc that is why I typed "new"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    A system folder is no iso ;) And as far as i know, for all the time i am here, homebrew iso's were never allowed, nothing new about that.

14. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Never mind then I recall differently but no need for an discusion ;)