CPU Caching Problems

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Death Runner II, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Death Runner II

Death Runner II MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2012
    OK so I have been working on this HP Compaq business dc5000 Small Form Factor for some time now, I have updated the BIOS, Intel P4 Chipset, replaced the hard drive (Not related) and replaced the CPU itself from a 2.80GHz P4 to a 3.0GHz P4 of the same spec other then speed. But the system STILL cant cache. An earlier post here on MDL I was told it was possibly the CPU that was bad. But after replacing it, it still has the same result. I swapped the HDD with one loaded with XP (The systems native OS) mainly because I can crash it without damage like Win 7. Any suggestions as to what this problem could be? I have looked up every possible solution and I cant find the cause...
    :throw:

2. Death Runner II

Jan 4, 2012
    I do have one last trick to try before I give up on this piece of trash. I'm going to try (just for s**ts and grins) a different graphics card, overriding the Integrated graphics processor. The errors I'm getting just might be the graphics causing my problem.

3. Death Runner II

Jan 4, 2012
    If my frustration for this machine can help someone else with their problem, then it was still worth the effort to post.
    Your Welcome crazy angle59