CPU Frequency shows twice

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bertikul, Feb 5, 2011.

1. bertikul

bertikul MDL Member

Nov 2, 2007
    #1 bertikul, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
    Hi everyone

My problem is only esthetical. Using Windows 7 x64/ P6T deluxe mobo. No real cpu freq problems or anything. Just Cpu Frequecy, as for everybody, shows twice in system properties & I don't like to see it that way. It may be usefull to see speedstep or overcloking frequencies, but I use other tools for that if I need to.

eg: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.00 GHz 3.00 GHz

Can anyone PLEASE explain if it's possible to hide/disable the second frequecy info in system proprerties?

Thank you

2. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    This is normal. It shows the rated speed of your cpu and the speed it is running at.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bertikul

bertikul MDL Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Thanks for your reply.

If windows reads that speed dinamically from bios, it shoul be difficult to disable it, or not possible at all. (but "maybe" ....yes).
    I just wanted to know if there is a way to hide cpu running speed so I would not fight with it for hours in vain.
    Thank you

4. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    I don't see what the big deal is... you're not looking in the "System" Control Panel applet all day long

5. bertikul

bertikul MDL Member

Nov 2, 2007
    THANK YOU for your big help. Very useful, but if you have a hint about my question It would help me even more

6. vitek

vitek MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2008
    I'll throw my two cents in;

The only time one might care what the System Properties says would be if one was trying to sell an overclocked computer while claiming it's a faster speed and thus hiding the rated speed would be paramount to pulling the scam off.

The alternative is OCD and well that level of OCD would make it hard to function.

Anyways, try this:

Quickly Edit Windows 7 System Properties With Info Box
    www intowindows com /quickly-edit-windows-7-system-properties-with-info-box/

7. bertikul

bertikul MDL Member

Nov 2, 2007
    I'm not trying to cheat or sell anything. Happy with my rig untill socket 2011 is out. If it was for cheating I would try to hide/change rated speed like CPU 950 @ 3.00 and not overclocked speed / speed it is running at - CPU 950 @ 3.00 GHz 3.00 GHz. Changing/manipulating Rated speed would make people think the computer is faster.

When I overclock with a x21 multiplier windows read x20 and shows speeds like 3.34 instead of 3.5...etc. That Is not ACCURATE at all. I have the right to hate INACCURATE things without cheating/hurting anyone. The only one hurt after reading your lines is me.

Using Info Box is useless but thanks for the hint