CPU incompatible - How to install on old computer without NX support?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by roga, Aug 22, 2015.

1. roga

roga MDL Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Win10 requires a CPU with NX support. Mine does not have.
    There is a Win8 thread to bypass this CPU incompatibility error. I cannot find one for Win10.
    Anyone know how to install Win10 on old computer with no NX CPU?
    A vid on youtube claims can do it on Win10 Enterprise. He said to install a program and disable antivirus when doing it, I scare it is a virus!

2. joluboga

joluboga MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Just install the 32-bit version and you're good to go.

3. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Not worth it go to eBay or online around your town and pick up something good and go from there...

Its not worth the time to do this add that and blaa blaa blaaa

4. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    try to deploy it with dism and with bcdboot bulid bcd store for booting
    GL

5. Sakuya

Sakuya MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    How old of a CPU are we talking about here? Even the 10 year old P4 630 has 64bit and Execute Disable Bit support.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    You can get a Haswell CPU, motherboard and PSU for 150.00 and have the second newest chipset running. Just a FYI, maybe you can't afford it but just wanted to point it out.

7. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    From my understanding, which is nothing compared to most MDL members, windows is compiled with PAE, NX, SSE2, because of microcode, windows won't allow it when there's no NX which would allow a program to execute code against the CPU.

9. roga

roga MDL Member

Aug 12, 2015
    #11 roga, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    (OP)
    I have an old laptop I want to continue using, it is not a desktop I can change motherboard and cpu easily.
    I dont want to buy a new laptop yet because I think I am infected with a firmware malware, which will ruin a brand new laptop if it spreads to there. It is impossible to detect and remove firmware malware (look up BadUsb and Equation Group and you will know what I mean).
    The CPU I am talking about is 10 years old. I got Windows 8.1 installed on it only by disabling NX and PAE, I want to do the same for Windows 10. Should be possible when someone makes a install.wim patcher for it.
    The youtube vid I talked about does not work for Win10 RTM, it only works for Win10 Tech Preview, which is useless now.

10. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    You know you will someday hit a wall ???

I did managed in the past to put windows 7 on an old Clevo d9t 2005 laptop who was never meant to, it was running perfect with modded inf drivers.

I was hit by a virus, i did not have any backup, i could not get the laptop running good as before.

There's a limit now to what we can do, since we are no coder or decompile windows ressources.

11. roga

roga MDL Member

Aug 12, 2015
    That is what people said about the Windows 8 cpu bypass on MDL at first, but nothing horrible happened after use. The mod is not a driver mod, it makes windows bypass CPU checking, is all. Same thing can be done for Win10.
    Can stop virus with antivirus software and firewall.

12. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    You need to contact all the anti-virus companies and tell them to get rid of their software malware data base, there's no need to have one as according to you, all virus's can be stopped without being found and added to the base. Wild virus's have never affected any computers. :laie:

13. roga

roga MDL Member

Aug 12, 2015
    I did not say it stops ALL virus. I think he got the virus not from the modded driver which he was alluding to, he would have got the virus anyway without the mod. Having an anti virus software will stop virus more than not using the modded driver.
    Some firmware malware cannot be stopped I know. But if it happens to you it will happen to you anyway, does not matter if you modded the computer to bypass CPU checks or not.

14. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Do you have any proof that Intel's security is useless and they added it for no reason. Not being rude, but can you post a virus that has attacked Haswell and the security of the CPU failed.

15. roga

roga MDL Member

Aug 12, 2015
    ? Disabling NX and PAE checking does not affect security, it might affect performance but how does that make you more vulnerable to an attack
    I am no virus expert, I have no examples only logic

16. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #18 odiebugs1, Aug 24, 2015
    @ Cor. Just to point out there's no such thing as a INF driver.

Here you talk about CPU bypass of the NX, then go on to say it can be done to win 10 and then how a anti-virus and firewall will help.

Now you post that NX has nothing to do with security.

Excellent post thanks for pointing all this out.

17. blackdew

blackdew MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2015
    NX stands for No Execute which is a bit set on memory when allocating it which allows the CPU to read that memory but not execute it.

Usually when an executable is loaded and linked with all it's DLLs - all executable sections are marked read only and executable. Data sections and allocated heap regions are marked read/write + no execute (NX).

This prevents all possible attacks that rely on injecting executable code into a running program - stack smashes, (some kinds of) buffer overflows, etc.

PAE (Page Address Extension) is an extension for processors running in 32 bit mode, to allow them to use more than 4GB of physical memory. It's also required for enabling NX support on 32 bit CPUs.

18. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    #20 T-S, Aug 24, 2015